What's new

if i do the update...

apoel1986

Reaction score
if i do the update...

will my photos and apps be deleted?
the J/B will go away... but what else?

As the update process starts iTunes will create a backup of all your information; pics, apps, notes, etc. and ask you if you'd like to restore from this backup or as a new device during the update process. The only thing you'll lose is your JB stuff.

As the update process starts iTunes will create a backup of all your information; pics, apps, notes, etc. and ask you if you'd like to restore from this backup or as a new device during the update process. The only thing you'll lose is your JB stuff.

thnks for the quick answer...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334058209.455042.jpg

How to do the update...??? Ive tried throygh my phone and it says download failed... Ive tried through itunes and it says download failed... What to do???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard Reset your phone... while its rebooting unplug your router & reset it as well. Reconnect your phone to wireless & try again.

I have seen/read that, on a device that has been jail broken, the update works best if you put the phone into DFU mode and then connect it to iTunes. iTunes will then discover it and walk you through the steps to restore to the latest version. At the end, your jail break will be gone, but the phone will be on iOS 5.1. Just make sure to do a backup first so that you can put all your "stuff" back on it.

I don't believe you can do the over-the-air update on a phone that is jail broken. It may have changed, but I think it won't work. Using iTunes (and DFU mode) seem to work the best.

I'm willing to be corrected. :)

Marilyn

How to put it on DFU mode??

OTA updates will "always" fail on a jailbroken device. There is no way to make it work if the device is jailbroken. DFU restore is the "only" way to restore a jailbroken device. Just remember that for future reference. Do as above poster said and you should update just fine.

Ok!! Thnks for the replies!!!