What's new

Icon labels overlap after installing Five-Column Springboard

dvboy

Reaction score
I just installed Five-Column Springboard off Cydia and it works fine but now that the icons are closer together the label font overlaps on some of the apps.Is there an easy way to either reduce the size of the font or edit the label to something shorter??

I believe there are some Themes with smaller icons, look around Cydia store. You should be able to edit the labels. If you use "Categories" from Cydia you can make folders and edit the labels or hide them completely. Maybe with folders you wouldn't need 5 columns as you can even make folders within folders. I moved 9 pages of apps into folders and now I have only 2 pages and one is for most used apps not in folders. I could have only one page.

Thanks for the reply,I tried a couple smaller icon themes,a good idea but both themes only made half the icons smaller,the other half the same,so that aint going to work.

illumine has smaller icons
Tried that,yes the icons are smaller but it doesn't look very good on the ip4 retina display.Looks like the only other option is to go without labels,but I have several folders that would be kinda confusing without labels as they would look the same.

OK....I got it to a point that I am happy with it.It still doesn't scale the labels properly,but with some fiddling around I was able to make it much better.....thanks for all the suggestions!!

image.png

OK....I got it to a point that I am happy with it.It still doesn't scale the labels properly,but with some fiddling around I was able to make it much better.....thanks for all the suggestions!!

image.png

and btw did you buy bitesms or what source did you get it from?

would shrink work?

You've been able to get Shrink to work? Did you pay for it? Or did you use a cracked version? Ive tried the crack version but it never works. Let me know where you got it because Ive been trying to get it to work for quite some time. Thanks

would shrink work?

You've been able to get Shrink to work? Did you pay for it? Or did you use a cracked version? Ive tried the crack version but it never works. Let me know where you got it because Ive been trying to get it to work for quite some time. Thanks
I tried the cracked version and it didn't work,the payed version did work to a point, but didn't fully reduce the labels,but got it to a point that i could live with.