What's new

Resetting Icons Designs

Yair

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

((I'm new here so please, be thoughtful, and if this isn't the appropriate forum for that message, notify me and I'll post it somewhere else.))

I have a problem with the Newsstand app on my iphone 5s.
I downloaded a theme (Flat7) for my jailbroken iPhone 5s yesterday which is currently running iOS 7.0.5.
A few minutes after the download was done and the theme was installed,I changed my mind and decided to delete it.
All the elements on the springboard went to be the exact way they were before, except for Newsstand, which for some reason kept its themed design.

Does anyone know if there's any way to reset the icon to its default design? Maybe via iFile or something? I know this is just one icon and it's probably not the most important thing on the iPhone, but it bothers me a lot.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Last edited:
Huh. That's weird. Usually after unchecking the theme in Winterboard, re-springing removes all traces of the theme.

Regardless - try removing the icon cache and see if that helps. To do with iFile, navigate to var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete the com.apple.IconsCache file.

Then respring and see if that has fixed the Newstand.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

If you've deselected the theme, but the icons have not changed after a respring, if you have MobileTerminal, run 'uicache' without the apostrophes and give it a few minutes and it'll revert back to stock or to another theme if you're switching themes.