What's new

iCloud Question

I thought my entire iTunes library would be available via iCloud on my iPhone 4 iOS5. I have only partial albums, even ones which were purchased from iTunes, showing up on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in iTunes that needs addressed?

I am still totally not understanding the icloud thing. I have updated my iphone 4 to IOS 5. I downloaded the icloud for PC. I have Windows 7. I have enabled everything on my iphone and on the icloud desktop on my computer. I have enabled my Wifi and entered in my security code. But it still isn't working. Maybe I did something wrong but I don't know what else I need to do. This is really frustrating me!!!!!!!!

I just upgraded to iOS 5 and enabled iCloud. My iPhone now has iDisk on it, but I can't do anything with it since Mobile Me is no longer accepting new clients. I tried entering my Apple ID, which is my new iCloud I'd, but it says the account doesn't exist. What do I use iDisk for?

I went on iCloud, but it just had icons for:
email, contacts, calendar, find my iPhone, iwork.

So if my computer crashes, and it takes down all my software...would all my music, apps, and setting for itunes and my mobile devices be saved?

As well, I guess you can't store your documents (MS Office) in iCloud unless pay work iWork?

I have heard people say they manage their iCloud account. How do you do that and where is that located?

I have a MAC and I typed in ICLOUD and I looked for my pictures but they werent there. how do I get them to show up in ICLOUD. My contacts are there and I can find my phone but no pictures... Am I not doing something right....????

isnt it supposed to save music also???

Last edited:
So I have a 4S. After reading this, I took a picture.. it showed on my phone uder Camera Roll and Photo Streaming. So if iCloud sends to PC when connected, where is it? More exactly, where should it be, how do I get there and is there something else I should have done to set it up?

Thanks

So I have a 4S. After reading this, I took a picture.. it showed on my phone uder Camera Roll and Photo Streaming. So if iCloud sends to PC when connected, where is it? More exactly, where should it be, how do I get there and is there something else I should have done to set it up?

Thanks

On your home PC It will create a folder within your pictures file called "photo stream".

Thanks

You needed to have downloaded the icloud for PC. Then open it and make sure photo stream is checked and the pics should be in your photo stream folder.

If you have iCloud Control Panel loaded on your PC it creates 2 new folders on your PC. If you go to pictures, my pictures, you will see 2 folders. One says Photo Stream and the other says upload. I made short cuts to the desktop. The photo stream folder is where your photos that you take will be stored. If you want to take a picture from your computer and put it on the photo stream so it can be on your other devices just cut and paste that pic to the upload folder and it will be uploaded to the stream and will be on your iphone and iPad. Remember that photo stream only holds the pic for 30 days. If you want to save it you need to copy it to another folder. Any also remember that photo stream only sync's with wifi, it will not sync on 3G.

So on iCloud, all of my pictures I have saved in other folders (like mypictures on windows) if I transfer them to my iPhone 4s they are in iCloud?
How can I get my videos and my MS Office Doucments to do likewise?

Regarding the music being backed up, I believe it only backs up music that you actually purchase through iTunes that they can verify. I have over 1300 songs and none of them are being backed up by the cloud because I didn't buy them. Now they offer that new service where you can pay a yearly fee for people like me that wants to "launder "all of my music and it will be backed on on iCloud then.

Mad, you have to have everything checked in the iCloud Control Panel on your PC, have everything turned on on your I device and in the cloud on the web have everything checked there. It's a one time effort, after that everything in your Pages and Numbers app will show in the iWork on the web cloud. You can also download the docs from the cloud to your PC or upload docs from your PC to the cloud and then they will be on your I devices. You can also have Goodreader PDF's in the cloud also. It's cool to share PDF's.

Ok I'm kinda new to iPhone and iPad, and even newer to iCloud. My question is, my photos don't appear to be appearing in photo stream on either device. They just stay in camera roll...I have iCloud turned on and photo sync thingy turned on too, so bit confused. Any advice be great. Thanks
Lisa