What's new

iCloud Question

throgs

Reaction score
Will iCloud back up, automatically, all my files, software, documents, pictures, music, and videos for my iPod, iPhone, and my non-Apple PC?

If so, where can I buy, set up, and how much does it cost?

iCloud will be a free service, you will have the ability to set it up after you upgrade your iDevice to iOS 5, and yes, depending on how you set it up your photos videos and files will be upload to iCloud automatically, as for your downloaded apps, musics, videos from iTunes or from the app store they are automatically store in the iCloud for you.

I have a question myself.. if the iCloud actually automatically saves the photos taken to any of my devices then what am I going to do when I don't want every device to have the photos videos, documents etc I make... I hope it has a lot of settings.

TheoGR said:
I have a question myself.. if the iCloud actually automatically saves the photos taken to any of my devices then what am I going to do when I don't want every device to have the photos videos, documents etc I make... I hope it has a lot of settings.

You can turn certain features off

So when I get my new iPhone 4s, I will get iCloud free?

Which means everything on my iPhone 4s will be backed up?

Questions

1) I have an ipod touch...and I have itunes with 1000 songs and 12 playlists, how can I get those backed up automatically?

2) I have a Sony PC, is there anyway I can use cloud to back all my files, documents, from that PC on cloud?

throgs said:
So when I get my new iPhone 4s, I will get iCloud free?

Which means everything on my iPhone 4s will be backed up?

Questions

1) I have an ipod touch...and I have itunes with 1000 songs and 12 playlists, how can I get those backed up automatically?

2) I have a Sony PC, is there anyway I can use cloud to back all my files, documents, from that PC on cloud?

You will get iCloud for free. It's integrated into ios5. You'll also get a me.com email address specifically for iCloud.

1) you just need to transfer your songs and playlist with iTunes.

2) iCloud will back up your purchases, books, apps, documents, photos etc. it will not back up your computer.

When can we expect to get the iOS 5? I thought it will come with iphone5.

iOS 5 is to be released on 12th Oct...next Wednesday!! There may well be an iTunes update required beforehand.

I have a question about the music. I have everything set to backup to iCloud. I looked under settings/iCloud and it shows all my apps, mail, photos etc are going to iCloud but it doesn't say anything about my music. I don't see music listed and I'm not sure how to get anything back from iCloud if I have a problem.

Where do you access icloud? I put apps on the new phone and a couple of photos and itunes doesn't have them. My phone icloud is on.

thanks

I've upgraded everything but can't find my documents or pictures when I go to iCloud.com. Am I missing something?

OK, so let me ask

1) I have an iPod touch, a Sony PC, and an iPhone 4S awaiting shipment.
-Do I have to wait until I get my iPhone before I get icloud?

2) My iTunes library has 1600 songs, but virtually all of them are downloaded through bitlord (not iTunes). Will I still be able to store all of these in cloud?
-For example, when my PC recently broke, I had to re-install itunes which means I had to re-install all of my music and redo all my playlists.
With iCloud, will this no longer be a problem?

If I change PCs, my PC breaks, will I be able to simply pop up all my music and playlists in iTunes (even if downloaded for free)?

3) Now in my Sony PC, I use MS Office and Excel. Will I be able to have it so my documents in windows can back up, and do so automatically, to cloud?

4) Same thing with pictures, all of my pictures in my PC I took without an apple device, will I be able to back them up in cloud automatically?