What's new

I want to drag a photo file from my pictures to the iphone on my pc. but......

moparharn

Reaction score
when I go to do it the pc says iphone is disconnected or not able to get the file. The iphone is connected and there is an icon on the left side that shows it as a storage device, but it won't let me drop the file in. Any thoughts? I had to hand pick the folders I synced with Itunes because the sync would not go through with certain files I was trying to add. I tried to manual sync this photo folder, but when I only selected the one folder from the list, I got a warning that it would delete any folders not from this computer which made me think I would lose all the previously synced folders from my computer and i don't want to go through that again. Bill

Drag and drop is not supported with the iPhone. You have to use iTunes or another 3rd party programme to get files on on your device. If you want drag and drop then as far as I'm aware you need to jailbreak...

You can only upload photos through iTunes. Create a folder and put all the images inside the folder.
In iTunes, when you have the choice to sync Movies, Music, Photos...etc, go to Photos and select the photo you want to sync. That's really all you can do. The iPhone can be used as a storage device on PC, but that's all. No accessing through the storage unless you have iFile or a file transfer/file explorer app. Cheers,