What's new

Can’t transfer photos from iphone to pc!?

Wentworth Miller

Reaction score
There are some photos in my iphone and I have to transfer them to my pc for editing. So I synced my iphone to computer and open itunes. Normally the pictures will appear on itunes but this time the folder was empty! I really don't know what’s going wrong! Could u pls help me...

You can do what you want but i personally advise users to stay away from iTunes for photo/contacts syncing. What you just stated above is part of the reason why.

I use an app called Dropbox for my photos. Create a free account on your computer by going to the website. Download the Dropbox folder.

Drag and drop any pictures on your PC to that folder.

Download the Dropbox app from the AppStore on your phone, open it, and sign in. Any picture you placed in the Dropbox folder on your PC will show in the Dropbox app.

Vice versa to. In the Dropbox app, tap the "Uploads" button, choose any picture in your camera roll, and tap the upload button, then those pictures get transferred to your Dropbox folder and can be viewed in the Dropbox folder on your PC. (please upload photos from camera roll while on WiFi and NOT 3G for good picture quality)

I know that is not what you were asking. I just thought I would let you know a more "reliable" way to keep pictures in sync with iPhone and PC.

Any way............Your pics are still in your phone no?

Well, usually when you first plug in your phone a pop up box pops up, and you can choose to transfer pictures with one of those options.

You can also transfer your photos to your pc just by opening the DCIM folder on your PC using windows explorer or using finder on a MAC.

Your photos should now be available for transferring to your PC without the usage of iTunes.

From my  iPhone 4S 16GB Black

jmi58 said:
You can also transfer your photos to your pc just by opening the DCIM folder on your PC using windows explorer or using finder on a MAC.

Your photos should now be available for transferring to your PC without the usage of iTunes.

From my  iPhone 4S 16GB Black

iFunBox works great too. Best one IMO. Next to iSpirit. But idk if iSpirit has a Mac version.

i-FunBox has a beta Mac version, I tried on my Friends Mac, and works just as well.

Well I remember seeing a youtube video saying that it’s because itunes blocked some data when you sync your apple products, so you may try to change some settings to make them unhidden. Unfortunately I don’t have that video right now. but you can google your question “how to transfer photos from iphone to pc” to find that video. Oh and remember to choose "video" tab on the left side to screen the search results, it will help a lot to find the more exact answers

Last edited:
Plugin your iPhone to the computer without iTunes running
1. Wait for a popup asking you what you want to do with the device
2. Select “View Content”
3. Find your photos through the folders that are displayed
4.Copy in Windows as usual
If above can’t help you , a page of “how to transfer iphotos from iphone to PC” or “how to transfer iphotos from iphone to Mac” may give you guide for u .

Last edited:
I would definitely reccommend iFunbox as well. Never tried iSpirit though. Found it using google. gonna give it a try.

Why download an app when all you have to do is open the dcim folder on your computer? It's not complicated at all. Plug in phone. Click on "my computer". Click on your device in "my computer". The only folder viewable is the dcim folder. Click it and there's your pictures.

Why download an app when all you have to do is open the dcim folder on your computer? It's not complicated at all. Plug in phone. Click on "my computer". Click on your device in "my computer". The only folder viewable is the dcim folder. Click it and there's your pictures.
+1
Yup, something in windoze that "Just works"

Last edited:
+1
Yup, something in windoze that "Just works"

Makes a nice change, but yes, you are right.

Here's another Windows method, that has the advantage of automatically deleting the photographs from the phone after transfer.

Plug your iDevice into the PC using USB. In Windows Explorer, right click on the iDevice, and select "import pictures". A box will appear on the screen. Click on "options", then check "Always delete after importing". Click "Import".

Chris951 said:

Because the app lest you access so much more then the DCIM folder.

Stupid not to download the app IMO.

Because the app lest you access so much more then the DCIM folder.

Stupid not to download the app IMO.

All he wants to do is transfer his pics that he took to his computer so there's no reason to download it.

Chris951 said:
All he wants to do is transfer his pics that he took to his computer so there's no reason to download it.

Fine...you win........