What's new

I some times will try to make a call and iPhone6 locks up.

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
I depend on my iPhone6 and when i need it i need it, some time when making a call or get an incoming call, i find my phone is locked forcing me to reboot it to get it working again.
any ideas what my problem is?

I depend on my iPhone6 and when i need it i need it, some time when making a call or get an incoming call, i find my phone is locked forcing me to reboot it to get it working again.
any ideas what my problem is?

Try restoring the phone and setting it up as new. Often times, restoring from a back up will bring the problem back.

When you get an incoming call do you not get a slider on the screen to answer?

Are you running the latest operating system? Apple usually corrects bugs with its updates.

Are you running the latest operating system? Apple usually corrects bugs with its updates.
Yes when i got the update notice on my phone i always update then, this problem has happened once before a few Months ago but yesterday was again i found my phone locked.

If restoring the phone doesn't resolve the problem, I think your best bet would be to take to an Apple Store if you can, where they can test it.

If restoring the phone doesn't resolve the problem, I think your best bet would be to take to an Apple Store if you can, where they can test it.
The really best part is i am renting the iPhone6 from Sprint paying for it each Month like renting a car, so if it keeps failing i will be in contact with Sprint and get help maybe a new iPhone7.
This is why i picked to rent my phone and also pay for their insurance on it, it might cost a small amount more but if you have a problem then it pays off IMHO.

You certainly chose the right option there!

You certainly chose the right option there!
If i had just bought the iPhone6 out right and i had a problem, it would be on me to get Apple to help me i am sure they would try helping but one never knows what they might say was the problem or who caused it.

Sprint being the renter they have a vested interest in keeping me paying for phone and their service each Month.
At the end of my Sprint contract i can get a new phone or pay Sprint $200 and keep my iPhone6, then just pay the Monthly service charges.

Apple makes a quality phone millions are using them the older and the newest ones, sure their are some problems with some of them, but Apple trys' to get them fixed and most get them working again.

Contact your cell provider and have them reauthorize you phone. What you describe sounds like the emergency mode when your phone looses carrier authorization. Hummm... did you pay your last mobile phone bill?

Contact your cell provider and have them reauthorize you phone. What you describe sounds like the emergency mode when your phone looses carrier authorization. Hummm... did you pay your last mobile phone bill?

Payment is made auto to my credit card each Month, as soon as i reboot my phone i get connected so carrier is working.

OK, I should have expanded. The symptoms you described were something I experienced when I had a jailbroken and hacktivated iPhone years ago.

It was a nightmare. Never again.