What's new

i really need some help on this

ahdhulla

Reaction score
hi all,

i have i4, and i was using ios 4.0, but now i have erased all contents. and the it shows only apple logo.

i donno if its unlocked or not, and shsh blobs are not saved, and dont have backup either.

since there is no unlock, now i m afraid to update to 4.2.1, i need a good advice on this. should i have to upgrade to 4.2.1 to use an iTouch or is there any any other way that i can restore 4.0 and use it again???

thanks

hello and welcome!!

please explain more, i am not understanding, sorry... you deleted all your contacts? how did you delete them? by restoring? and now you only see apple logo? it wont boot up you mean?

if you have upgraded you cant downgrade to 4.0 and have that baseband. so if ou rely on unlock dont upgrade to 4.2.1 just manually add the contacts again is what you have to do

When you say erased all contents do you mean from the settings menu in your phone? Are you sure your getting the apple logo not the iTunes logo...?

When you say erased all contents do you mean from the settings menu in your phone? Are you sure your getting the apple logo not the iTunes logo...?

yes from the setting menu, and yes now it shows apple logo

Can I ask why you did that?

It should be showing the connect to iTunes logo and all you need to do is plug your phone in to your computer and let iTunes activate it again.

What's iTunes saying when you plug your phone in...?

It should be showing the connect to iTunes logo and all you need to do is plug your phone in to your computer and let iTunes activate it again.

alright, when i erased it i know nothing about i4,
its tethered jail break and when i reboot it lost jail break and my friend told me to erase all contents i did it.

and now the scenario has changed, after going through several threads i decided to update to 4.2.1. and now it shows itunes logo. but i dont have a AT&T sim and i am not in the US.

So is there any way to activate it.

Note: m using win7

i dont want to unlock just to activate, use it as an iPod and wait for the unlock

Last edited:

alright, when i erased it i know nothing about i4,
its tethered jail break and when i reboot it lost jail break and my friend told me to erase all contents i did it.

and now the scenario has changed, after going through several threads i decided to update to 4.2.1. and now it shows itunes logo. but i dont have a AT&T sim and i am not in the US.

So is there any way to activate it.

Note: m using win7

i dont want to unlock just to activate, use it as an iPod and wait for the unlock

See if you can download red snow, and a 4.2.1 update, and run red snow. Red snow will probably do a sucessfull jailbreak again and if so at least your phone would be working. Then work on the unlock.

i have tried redsn0w 0.9.6b4 couple of times but when installing cydia it stops working and leave two options close program or find solution online

if you are running windows 7 by the error your getting I assume that you are..
Right click on the red snow Icon, click on "run as administrator"
see if that will help then run the red snow program...

hurraaa!!! its done. thank you so much guys specially osso12,

but still have another issue to clarify, when i connected to itunes i have option to back up but it is requesting for a password.

now i have updated to 4.2.1 and no will it be able to restore to the previous version i mean 4.0

i actually tried with my lock code as a password but didnt work.

Last edited:
now i have updated to 4.2.1 and no will it be able to restore to the previous version i mean 4.0

i actually tried with my lock code as a password but didnt work.

Question with answering a question.

Why would you want to go down to 4.0 if you have successfully done 4.2.1?
What is asking for a password? Itunes? I would not worry about a creating a backup at this point as you have just restored it. A backup at a restore point would not make much sense.

oh! sorry but as i mentioned all the details in previous threads. actually my i4 is not carrier unlocked so IOT unlock i have to restore to 4.0 right?

so when i connect to itunes i have a choice to restore and i thought its 4.0 but when i tried to restore itune is asking for a password.

R/

Now that you've updated to 4.2.1 even if you are able to downgrade to 4.0 the baseband still won't be downgraded so you won't be able to unlock...