What's new

i phone 4 4.1 unlock how will it work with the greenpoison

kode

Reaction score
i phone 4 4.1 02.10.04 unlock how will it work with the greenpoison.
that is what my ip4 was jailbroken with ,,an the new unlock is suposed to be though limera1n , so what will i have to do ,,will i have to jailebrake my ip4 again though limera1n // to get to the new limesn0w ,,...from the preview/demo of the limesn0w ,,, it is though / under the limera1n in cydia

There is no way to unlock that baseband for now. There may never be :(

There is no way to unlock that baseband for now. There may never be :(
ya i know that its not out yet but do u think that if limesn0w does come out would i have to redo my jailbrake with limera1n to replace my green poison jailbrake

there is already an unlock for the 4.1 baseband they are just waiting for official 4.2 to release it, what are you talking about may never be? LOL there already is just not made public until a few days after 4.2 official release because then it might work for 4.2 also...

and just to point out that greenpois0n or limera1in DONT unlock though the exploit it uses will always work until new hardware is made to stop it.... its ultrasn0w you need to worry about if you rely on unlock

There may never be an unlock for 4.1 because it wont be untill after 4.2 is released that we can get our hands on it.

There may never be an unlock for 4.1 because it wont be untill after 4.2 is released that we can get our hands on it.

does not make any sense to me that line, sorry.

4.1 unlock is already here its just after 4.2 release it will most likely work for 4.2 also... so in the sense that ppl will be using it for 4.2 and not 4.1 since it will work?

muscle nerd says a few days after 4.2 official release so guessing a 17th release date maybe earlier... we will see..

Technically you are correct. What I mean is there is no point in being on 4.1 when there is a jailbreak and unlock for 4.2 is there? So for most people (if not all) when the 4.2 jb and unlock come out they will just update to that then unlock.

They could choose to remain on 4.1 and unlock but I dont see the point when they could be on 4.2?

Technically you are correct. What I mean is there is no point in being on 4.1 when there is a jailbreak and unlock for 4.2 is there? So for most people (if not all) when the 4.2 jb and unlock come out they will just update to that then unlock.

They could choose to remain on 4.1 and unlock but I dont see the point when they could be on 4.2?

yeah thats true... who would stay on 4.1 when you can upgrade to 4.2 and have sweet features like printing lol..

so 4.1 is skipped out but then again if you upgraded while keeping same baseband you could unlock 4.1, just those who upgraded by accident, i dunno how any one upgrades by accident lol.. but any way your right.

cydia needs upgrading for 4.2 any way so there might be a delay on the jailbreak.

but my ?? is,,, is the limesn0w going to be its own program or is it going to be linked to limera1n ,, also the people usein greenpoison can they just use the limesn0w program an not have to rejailbrake with limera1n

When you update to 4.2 you will loose your jailbreak anyway. So just rejailbreak with whichever method you choose.

Personaly I'd use greenpoision then ultrasnow but that's just me. I don't know if unlocking is any different if you use limerain as they both use the same exploit to jailbreak.

I would think twice about jailbreaking with greenpoisson and unlocking with ultraskn0w!

Danny Boy wrote in one of his post that Greenpoisson might bar ultrasn0w from ever operating!

So upgrading to 4.2 while keeping your baseband (1.59.) or (2.10.) with tinyembrella than JB with GP can be harmful for people who are in need of an unlock!!!

Last edited:
Can someone (Danny Boy?) tell me why greenpoisson might bar ultrasn0w and not limerain cause GP and lime are using the same exploit ?

Thx in advance!

Last edited:
Can someone (Danny Boy?) tell me why greenpoisson might bar ultrasn0w and not limerain cause GP and lime are using the same exploit ?

Thx in advance!
what does ultrasnow have to do with the new 4.1 unlock coming out by limesn0w two diffent programs right or am i wrong ,,utrasn0w by devteam an limesn0w by geohot

Kode....Ultrasn0w will still be use after 4.2 (except if limesn0w incorporate 1.59.00 baseband )

People who are using ultrasnow right now for there unlock are gonna upgrade to 4.2 while preserving there baseband at 1.59.00 with umbrella so there will still use ultrasn0w after they jailbreak at 4.2!!!!

Limesn0w (or something else) will be for people who are in 2.10.04 baseband. Those people are the one who cant unlock right now!!!

Kode....Ultrasn0w will still be use after 4.2 (except if limesn0w incorporate 1.59.00 baseband )

People who are using ultrasnow right now for there unlock are gonna upgrade to 4.2 while preserving there baseband at 1.59.00 with umbrella so there will still use ultrasn0w after they jailbreak at 4.2!!!!

Limesn0w (or something else) will be for people who are in 2.10.04 baseband. Those people are the one who cant unlock right now!!!
an that is what is goin on with me i am jailbroken with the greenposion with the 4.1 an bb 02.10.04 ,,, an im waitin for the unlock ..so is limesn0w's unlock ,, onnly gonna work with people that have jailbrocken with limera1n,,, or should it work with the people that jb with the greenposion ..an have the 4.1 an bb 02.10.04
what im askin is the limesn0w's unlock for the 4.1 an bb 02.10.04
COMPATBLE with both jailbrakes limera1n an greenposion