What's new

I Phone 11 with AT&T Problem getting service outside of home since it became 5G

metfan53

Reaction score
Have had AT&T for over 20 years and about 4 I Phones, never any problems with phone or service. Since they upgraded to 5G, i have problems not only with texts but going on internet just to find something as it is hit and miss, any one else have this problem and if i can solve it? Thanks!!!

Having no issues. But iPhone 11 does not have a 5G hardware and therefore will never be on AT&T’s 5 G network. Do you mean that since AT& T LTE is no longer its faster network you are having issues on LTE or perhaps you occasionally see 5Ge which is a fake 5G, its AT&T givng you a slightly faster LTE but you can’t control when that happens, its location based.

Having no issues. But iPhone 11 does not have a 5G hardware and therefore will never be on AT&T’s 5 G network. Do you mean that since AT& T LTE is no longer its faster network you are having issues on LTE or perhaps you occasionally see 5Ge which is a fake 5G, its AT&T givng you a slightly faster LTE but you can’t control when that happens, its location based.
Ok, i did not know fake 5G, but never had problems until a few months ago, would i have better service if i upgrade to I phone 14? Hate when i have no service or texts do not go thru, which has been happening often. Any suggestions????

Ok, i did not know fake 5G, but never had problems until a few months ago, would i have better service if i upgrade to I phone 14? Hate when i have no service or texts do not go thru, which has been happening often. Any suggestions????
I don’t know if an upgrade would solve your problem or not. AT&T has not changed their LTE service and you should still have it as you always have. 5Ge doesn’t change that. i am explaining that whatever your issue is, you own a phone that does not have 5G hardware so that isn’t your issue. You need to figure out why you are having trouble obtaining a signal. If your iPhone says no service there is always a reason.

I don’t know if an upgrade would solve your problem or not. AT&T has not changed their LTE service and you should still have it as you always have. 5Ge doesn’t change that. i am explaining that whatever your issue is, you own a phone that does not have 5G hardware so that isn’t your issue. You need to figure out why you are having trouble obtaining a signal. If your iPhone says no service there is always a reason.
Ok, i appreciate your feedback, thank you. Now to try and figure out, lol. Again thanks!!!!!