I need help!!! - iPhone cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified

BillSinAtl

New Member
I just downloaded and installed OS4. Now when I try to sync, I get a message 'The iPhone Bill's iPhone cannot be synced. A duplicate file name was specified." What the heck does that mean? How can I fix it?
 
Hi Bill, Haven't seen that issue before. Are you running iTunes for windows or mac?
 
I got a similar message when I installed it. Just reboot and keep syncing. It took me about 2 or 3 times for all to sync and update. Each time I re-connected, iTunes asked to restore until all was finished.
 
duplicate file? sounds like you have two of the same backup? or did you use update instead of restore?
 
Remove iToner. Itunes syncing problem appears that the presence of Ambrosia Software' iToner software may cause problems with syncing. Navigate to ~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins and /Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins (the Library folders inside your user folder and at the root level of your startup drive) and look for a file called iTonerSupport.bundle. Remove it, then restart, and check to see if syncing occurs more quickly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top