What's new

I moved to iOS (6s+); these are the things I miss about Android

I don't miss anything from Android, I don't miss the customisation, the novelty wore off that really fast, I certainly don't miss the lag and waiting forever for updates.
I don't miss the freezing and constantly having to reboot.....No, I don't miss a thing.

I was an android person from the get go. I owned the ordinal Droid, then droid 2, RAZR, RAZR MAXX, MAXX, HTC One M8, LGG3, (I have a work and person cell) and I can say without reservation, the iPhone is it. I receive regular software updates and never have to worry about carrier interference. The timely update result in a much more secure system. As much as I loved Android, I have never looked back. Now I have an iPhone for both my personal and work cell and bought the Apple Watch too. Sure, I know Apple will decide what I need and nothing more, but I will accept it. Bottoms up, the Koolaid is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For this stability and constant performance we like iOS. Yeah sometimes it's frustrating with the rigid screen and interface but see how neat can a OS be. Thanks Apple for giving us the thing exactly what we need.

I may jump to T-Mobile not sure
-
I may go today and see why my brother says its 100$ cheaper than ATT? Curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my Iphone S6 plus. Battery life is great--even better than the Note 5 I sold. What I enjoy most is getting updates quickly rather than reading about them for months and months and seeing them roll out on all carriers except mine (usually last but sometimes first). Miss the widgets and customization's but what they say about Apple is true--it just works (with no lag!)

After dealing w my husbands lgg3 this weekend I am thinking
Wow- I don't miss android especially w ATT bloatware all over it.
He is a phone noob pretty much- I'm not a pro by any means but know more than he does.Much more- I know how to use both watched you tube and learned and played w both systems for years.
Now I know there's apps to remove bloatware etc, I got s message phone is rooted.
Well it's refurbished because his original broke so I guess it had to be rooted? No idea....
It has wild tangent games it has macaffee that can't be deleted (it's att apps) blah blah
I just don't miss any of it or when it hangs-
Maybe Samsungs are better or nexus for sure or the new LG but I love how my iPhone just doesn't do no drama!
Everything I need to do it does.
It just works - and perfectly.

Everyone I know has iPhone so it's hard for me to switch but I love that it is for the most part a stable OS... I miss being able to customizing but it is what it is. I love my battery life on the 6s plus and the fact I don't have to worry about charging it because the battery literally lasts ALL day.

Everyone I know has iPhone so it's hard for me to switch but I love that it is for the most part a stable OS... I miss being able to customizing but it is what it is. I love my battery life on the 6s plus and the fact I don't have to worry about charging it because the battery literally lasts ALL day.

Don't have a 6s but my battery life is also great

After dealing w my husbands lgg3 this weekend I am thinking
Wow- I don't miss android especially w ATT bloatware all over it.
He is a phone noob pretty much- I'm not a pro by any means but know more than he does.Much more- I know how to use both watched you tube and learned and played w both systems for years.
Now I know there's apps to remove bloatware etc, I got s message phone is rooted.
Well it's refurbished because his original broke so I guess it had to be rooted? No idea....
It has wild tangent games it has macaffee that can't be deleted (it's att apps) blah blah
I just don't miss any of it or when it hangs-
Maybe Samsungs are better or nexus for sure or the new LG but I love how my iPhone just doesn't do no drama!
Everything I need to do it does.
It just works - and perfectly.

I have stopped switching from my Nexus 5X to my iPhone 6S Plus. I've only used the iPhone for the past 3 months, so I guess I am sticking to Apple's iOS. It just works and I'm stress free now.

I have stopped switching from my Nexus 5X to my iPhone 6S Plus. I've only used the iPhone for the past 3 months, so I guess I am sticking to Apple's iOS. It just works and I'm stress free now.

My last iPhone was the 3GS. I switched to the Note 1, just for the inking. I'm now on the Note 4 (saw no added value in the Note 5), and was waiting for the Note 6. When I first went to Android, I lurked on XDA-Developers, and while I never installed a custom ROM, I was amused by the attitude of "the Apple fanboys only want a phone that works", referring to the lack of customization. Well, that's me. I want a phone that works, along with functionality.

Of the three operating systems, for me, Android is by far the worst. My favorite is Windows mobile, specially for its integration with Windows 10. I have a 1520 and an 830, both wonderful devices. The problem is the lack of apps. How can you take an operating system seriously when there is not a native Starbucks app.

I find Android to be clugey - I am certainly able to find my way around it and make it work, but I don't find it to be elegant.

I went over to the closest Apple store last evening and picked up a 6S+. So far it has been a seamless transition, and I've found iOS to be as easy to muse and as functional as I remember. All my important apps are there, and, as they said over on XDA developers, "it just works!"

Ron

My last iPhone was the 3GS. I switched to the Note 1, just for the inking. I'm now on the Note 4 (saw no added value in the Note 5), and was waiting for the Note 6. When I first went to Android, I lurked on XDA-Developers, and while I never installed a custom ROM, I was amused by the attitude of "the Apple fanboys only want a phone that works", referring to the lack of customization. Well, that's me. I want a phone that works, along with functionality.

Of the three operating systems, for me, Android is by far the worst. My favorite is Windows mobile, specially for its integration with Windows 10. I have a 1520 and an 830, both wonderful devices. The problem is the lack of apps. How can you take an operating system seriously when there is not a native Starbucks app.

I find Android to be clugey - I am certainly able to find my way around it and make it work, but I don't find it to be elegant.

I went over to the closest Apple store last evening and picked up a 6S+. So far it has been a seamless transition, and I've found iOS to be as easy to muse and as functional as I remember. All my important apps are there, and, as they said over on XDA developers, "it just works!"

Ron
There's also a fair amount of integration between iOS and OS X, if you have a Mac.

There's also a fair amount of integration between iOS and OS X, if you have a Mac.

Sorry - Should have mentioned that for various reasons I'm suck on Windows (my company uses an app that is restricted to Internet Explorer). The software company is moving to become browser agnostic, so I may have the option of an Apple computer within the year. However, while neither the iOS or Android integrates with Windows 10 as well as Windows phone, both Android and iOS do it well enough for productivity (MS office, One Drive, Outlook apps).

Ron

"it just works!"

Ron
After battling Android for years, I finally gave up the good fight this year. I'm too old and cranky to deal with the "Fixes" now. Everytime I have a problem someone says, oh there's a work around. Not any more. I don't care if I can change my home page, or tile things a certain way. I can make folders and keep my screens on my iPhone to 2. Good enough for me.

I'm aware of wild tangent and stupid macaffee I totally detest it on my hubbys Phone
Now that iPhone is larger I'm never going back

I've got a Note 3, a Lumia Icon, a Note 4, & a Lumia 1520.
The boss lady "ordered" me to thin out the herd, so the Note 3 & Icon are presently up for sale.
Now i'm contemplating selling the Note 4 in hopes that i'll be able to get a 6s plus when the 7's drop.
I've had iPhones before & loved what I could do with them via jailbreaking.
I know it's most likely I won't have that opportunity again, but who knows.