What's new

I messed up, please help

brenanne

Reaction score
I didn't pay attention to some of the jail breaking rules and downloaded winter board from cydia. Well attempted to, that is. I'm new to this obviously. Anyways, cydia, safari, winter board and my email will not open. What do I do from here? I downloaded redsn0w on my iphone4 iOS 5.1.1, verizon.

I didn't pay attention to some of the jail breaking rules and downloaded winter board from cydia. Well attempted to, that is. I'm new to this obviously. Anyways, cydia, safari, winter board and my email will not open. What do I do from here? I downloaded redsn0w on my iphone4 iOS 5.1.1, verizon.
Sounds like you need to connect to your computer and do a "Just Boot" from redsn0w ... since you're on a tethered JB.

brenanne said:

It's a lot easier to just plug in phone, shut down, then enter DFU mode, then open redsn0w and click the "Just boot" button.

When you install something that requires a reboot like WinterBoard, just don't press the reboot button. Don't press "anything".

When it's done instating, just plug in phone, shut down, enter DFU, the. Open redsn0w and boot tethered.

That is what makes it a tethered jailbreak. You have to boot tethered via the "Just boot" button on every reboot.

Make sure to install the Semi-Tether package from the semitether repo: thebigboss.org/semitether/.

And make sure you open the app to check your semi-tether status in case you must reboot alway from your computer.

By pluggingmy computer and did the "just boot".

I did a "just boot" on my computer after opening redsn0w and that worked. Thanks so much!!

Do you have a link or recommendation on how to get started with a jailbreak? How to properly download apps? Best apps? Etc. I've searched thru the forums and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I only like to say you should of waited for the untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak it should be out in a few days.

When it does do it so you don't run into the boot up thing again.

Once the Redsn0w version is released, people on 5.1.1 tethered should be able to untether their jailbreak without restoring by running redsn0w again and unchecking "install cydia"

Once the Redsn0w version is released, people on 5.1.1 tethered should be able to untether their jailbreak without restoring by running redsn0w again and unchecking "install cydia"

Prob a stupid question. But can you use redsnow to "untether" if you used snowbreeze to JB?

InkedAdrenaline said:
Prob a stupid question. But can you use redsnow to "untether" if you used snowbreeze to JB?

I have done it before..with older iOS versions, and it has worked...but I wouldn't do just to be on the safe side. The new redsn0w has pretty much all new code.