What's new

I just don't understand iCloud.

It's set to icloud

So when you open up iCloud on your desktop computer (not your device), do you find anything there?

There is no iCloud icon for your "device". Your device only activates the service/sync. You access your info in iCloud on your desktop/laptop.

Hopefully you will find your music in iCloud and then resync or backup to it to get it back on your phone. I can't give you specific details, because I don't use it. I still have WinXP on my desktop and it's not supported for iCloud.

I am still confused......if I use icloud to backup my iphone, do I have to choose between itunes and icloud? Possible to have both as backups?
Thanks for any help.

quatisi said:
I am still confused......if I use icloud to backup my iphone, do I have to choose between itunes and icloud? Possible to have both as backups?
Thanks for any help.

Yes it is possible.

What I do is, i backup to icloud once a week or so (I turn on the backup and perform it from settings-icloud, then turn it off).

And I also perform a backup on itunes once a week.

You can do both.

There a problem?

With who? Sorry just re-read my post. I typed "macintosh magazine" but with the thumbs I have and the predictive texts it dictates it's come through as motor mouth. Time and time again I have to modify once posted. Sorry to anyone who thought it was directed at them. *I have re-read this one and changed 4 words* maybe I should turn predictive off, but I'm a fella 😜
The original post is about iCloud and not understanding. All answers in here are whys, donts and dos hence the read apples mags you might get your answer you need.

iHolophyte