What's new

I just don't understand iCloud.

GrantB's explanation of iCloud is very good.

I have a mac so I don't know 100% of this it's true but you can access your photo stream from a windows computer by installing the windows control panel for iCloud (something along those lines).

For music you have to have iTunes match (well worth the money IMO) and currently there is no support for videos except for ones backed up from your camera roll...

Ok I go it iCloud.com and guess what !
I get a screen saying set up iCloud on this device which then re directs me to apples website
I follow all the set up instructions and nothing nada, squit, jack just the same old screen saying set up iCloud on this device
I hate it already !

It drains both the battery and cellular on my 4s. Therefore I only have the docs and photo stream on.

Ok Darweshs It obviously works for you perhaps you can answer our questions.
Now do you access iCloud.com, how do you view your documents and photos ?
Many thanks

If u have many apple devices, ie iPhone and iPad or more, when on one device, I create a PowerPoint, if the correct settings are enabled, then on my other device it will be automatically downloaded. To see what is on iCloud, to to iCloud on your desktop, not a mobile device, and just log in. From there, you can view emails, and other stuff. My mother has a 4gb +tethering AT&T plan for her 4s and she has everything except for photo stream enabled. Please correct me if I'm wrong or something doesn't make sense or it doesn't work.

And the login is ur apple id.

Last edited:
iTunes in the Cloud is a nice feature of iCloud. Any Apps, Music, Books or TV Shows you purchase from iTunes will be stored in iCloud for download to your devices. Apps and Music can sync automatically or from the purchased tab in iTunes. While the TV Shows can't be synced but can be downloaded from iTunes.

iTunes in the Cloud is a nice feature of iCloud. Any Apps, Music, Books or TV Shows you purchase from iTunes will be stored in iCloud for download to your devices. Apps and Music can sync automatically or from the purchased tab in iTunes. While the TV Shows can't be synced but can be downloaded from iTunes.

I am still no further forward with this one.
Every time I try to log in to I cloud I am re directed to Apples website and a notice saying set up I cloud on this device which I have done numerous times.
Is iCloud accessible on iPad ?
Any constructive help gratefully received

Jonregester said:
Every time I try to log in to I cloud I am re directed to Apples website and a notice saying set up I cloud on this device which I have done numerous times.

Under Settings --> iCloud on your device does it show an account listed?

Hi
I dont understand it either I thought yesterday that I had saved all my music ( 000's of tracks ) when I downloaded OS 5
They disappeared from both the PC and the phone.
Where are they...................in the clouds ...............Dont think so somehow
icloud is in settings but not on the screen

Seriously sad

What OS are you operating on your desktop? iCloud will not work on WinXP. :(

Hi
I dont understand it either I thought yesterday that I had saved all my music ( 000's of tracks ) when I downloaded OS 5
They disappeared from both the PC and the phone.
Where are they...................in the clouds ...............Dont think so somehow
icloud is in settings but not on the screen

Seriously sad

When you open iTunes and have your device connected, under "summary" do you have your device set to sync to iTunes or iCloud?

I run windows 7. My Icloud account shows up on all my devices.
I am at a loss to know what to do.