What's new

I have a bit of lost data and I have a very recent backup on My older laptop...

Iguy

Reaction score
Hello

I done a jailbreak on My Iphone last week and it after a few days it just went mad and started to freeze with the pineapple logo, I managed to reboot with redsnow the first time after a while, but it happened again and it was so bad the only thing I could do in the end was restore it, I didn't know much about what I was doing, and I didn't think restoring it would cause me to lose so much data as I remembered backing it up, but I backed it up on My old computer :eek: so on with the restore anyway, when it was finished I only had a backup from January available :eek: and I also turned off auto sync just incase it decided to update My phone automatically or something, so I've lost some recordings with My voice Memo for the last week, that ain't so much of a big deal, but it would be great if I could get them back anyway. But anyway the backup is from last week so I can hopefully get a lot of My stuff back, but when I connect My phone to that laptop I'm not getting any option to restore it to that point, it's only asking if I want to restore and erase all data, but I'm afraid that it may also clear the backup since it may not be related to this phone anymore since it has been restored externally.
OK so now that I've explained, here's 3 simple questions, 01. can I still use the old computers backup data with this phone and how, do I just follow those instructions (erase all data and then chose that backup) or is it more complicated?
02. Can I get that deleted data back?
and 03. I requested My phone to be unlocked and got the confirmation message that it had been successful, and just needed a new sim to activate it, but may these problems have reset that process? I just don't want to deactivate My current sim just in case.. and another thing, does having a phone unlocked create problems with a jailbroken phone? because it was the morning I got the message it started going bad..

Thanks.

Thomas