What's new

I guess I'm stupid

CW3jack

Reaction score
My iPhone4 camera worked perfectly until I loaded iTunes on my computer (Windows XP) and synched it with my phone. Before that I was able to take photos with my phone and see them under my phone icon Photos, or download them to my computer and enjoy them on both the camera and the computer.
Now...I take a photo on my iPhone and it does not show up under my iPhone Photos, and I can't figure it out!!! I called Verizon Tech Support and spent about 45 minutes with them about this problem. Finally they decided that my still under warranty iPhone was defective and they sent me a new one. I still have the same problem with the new iPhone!!!
I tried disconnecting my iPhone from my computer wi-fi, I turned off Photo Streaming, and when I take a photo with my iPhone now it isn't in my photos on my iPhone. I don't know what to do to restore my camera/photos function. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am so sorry to hear that,because i have the same experience with you.I bought a sony ericsson X8 last year,after I had updated my android OS,it didn't work with camera.When taking a photo,the screen became dark and could not exit normally,video excepted.Terriblely I have spent one year time with this terrible phone.Someone said thet my cellphone was defective,too.That angried me really.

I know this sounds silly but are you using the standard iPhone camera app or a 3rd party app? I had a similar issue when using a 3rd party camera app. It would save it in the app rather than the "Camera Roll".

My iPhone4 camera worked perfectly until I loaded iTunes on my computer (Windows XP) and synched it with my phone. Before that I was able to take photos with my phone and see them under my phone icon Photos, or download them to my computer and enjoy them on both the camera and the computer.
Now...I take a photo on my iPhone and it does not show up under my iPhone Photos, and I can't figure it out!!! I called Verizon Tech Support and spent about 45 minutes with them about this problem. Finally they decided that my still under warranty iPhone was defective and they sent me a new one. I still have the same problem with the new iPhone!!!
I tried disconnecting my iPhone from my computer wi-fi, I turned off Photo Streaming, and when I take a photo with my iPhone now it isn't in my photos on my iPhone. I don't know what to do to restore my camera/photos function. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Honestly sounds like a syncing problem.

Open iTunes and run the Sync Diagnostics...wait til it's done, or wait til it's done repairing a problem, the. Then click the sync button.

Hopefully that helps.

I am only using the iPhone camera app that came with the phone. It is definitely a synch problem so zig you were of some help to me. Thank you. I went to the iTunes page, clicked on Help, ran the synch diagnostic and all test passed. Then I tried to synch a couple of songs and a couple of photos but the synch just would not start. Now what? Greatly appreciate everybody's thoughts.

I am only using the iPhone camera app that came with the phone. It is definitely a synch problem so zig you were of some help to me. Thank you. I went to the iTunes page, clicked on Help, ran the synch diagnostic and all test passed. Then I tried to synch a couple of songs and a couple of photos but the synch just would not start. Now what? Greatly appreciate everybody's thoughts.

Run the diagnostics again....let whatever it does finish....close iTunes....reboot computer, and try again.

Zig we are making progress! Now iTunes will recognize my phone, and will szynch my contacts and my calendar, but then the szynch quits and kicks off. Then I got a little box popup that said there was a problem with my MS Outlook. I am running XP. Tried this several times with the same result.

CW3jack said:
Zig we are making progress! Now iTunes will recognize my phone, and will szynch my contacts and my calendar, but then the szynch quits and kicks off. Then I got a little box popup that said there was a problem with my MS Outlook. I am running XP. Tried this several times with the same result.

I'm soory mate...I don't use the Callander app. Nor do I sync contacts with anything other then iCloud. It's just too simple to try it any other way. All I gotta do is toggle contacts on, and there always there no matter what, as long as I have the iCloud account in my phone.

Do you absolutely have to have your contacts and calendars in your computer?

Could just open iCloud in the Settings app, and just toggle on Contacts and Calendars. Done. As long as iCloud is enabled, your contacts and calendar settings will always be there. I personally think Apple tries to make it a pain to use anything other then iCloud.

Or maybe that's why your having problems...because I'm pretty sure those are enabled by default.

Maybe you would have no problems with OutLook if you turn Contacts & Calendars off in iCloud settings. And also make sure that only ONE email account is used to backup this info....not multiple.

Last edited:
I'm soory mate...I don't use the Callander app. Nor do I sync contacts with anything other then iCloud. It's just too simple to try it any other way. All I gotta do is toggle contacts on, and there always there no matter what, as long as I have the iCloud account in my phone.

Do you absolutely have to have your contacts and calendars in your computer?

Could just open iCloud in the Settings app, and just toggle on Contacts and Calendars. Done. As long as iCloud is enabled, your contacts and calendar settings will always be there. I personally think Apple tries to make it a pain to use anything other then iCloud.

Or maybe that's why your having problems...because I'm pretty sure those are enabled by default.

Maybe you would have no problems with OutLook if you turn Contacts & Calendars off in iCloud settings. And also make sure that only ONE email account is used to backup this info....not multiple.

Unless he uses the iCloud "tweak" that you can find online, iCloud is not supported in Win XP. I have iCloud totally off and only use iTunes sync. When I finally upgrade my dinosaur Win XP computer I'll switch everything over to iCloud then.