What's new

Deleting Photo Album

thebiglebowski

Reaction score
I had some photos on my computer I wanted to get onto my iphone. I should have just emailed them to myself. Instead, I used iphoneexplorer or something to put them on there. Now when I click on Photos icon, I see "Camera Roll" and "Photo Library". I want to delete "Photo Library" and the pictures within it, but I can't find it anywhere in my iphone when I open in iphoneexplorer (I looked around in all the files but especially near DCIM).

Any idea what I should do?

Photo library is simply a collection of pointers to all photos on the phone. It takes up no space and is not removable.

OK, but the photos are on there somewhere and I want them deleted. Photo library contains no pointers to the pictures I took with my camera, only the ones I transfered from my computer. They are on there somewhere. It would be nice if iphoneexplorer had a search function.

Using iTunes would be my first suggestion, but since you circumvented that by using iPhoneExplorer, I don't have a suggestion to fix the situation. Hopefully someone with iPhoneExplorer experience can chime in.