What's new

I don't want itunes to sync my name to the phone...

haoleflip

Reaction score
The titles says it all. How do I change it to just say "Syncing iPhone to iTunes" instead of "Syncing Jim's iPhone to iTunes?"

I am a used iPhone dealer and I don't want my name to show up in every iPhone that I have to restore through iTunes...

I know there's a way to manually edit it in the phone itself, but it would just be more convenient to have it all done at the same time.

Don't self-bump unless the thread hasn't seen any action within 24 hours of the initial post/thread

You can't. iTunes will automatically take up the name of the device that's given to it. An alternative would be to change the name of the device to 'iPhone' so it would say "Syncing iPhone's iPhone to iTunes"

How was my name "given" to the device, is what I want to know? How would I change the device to say "iPhone?"

How was my name "given" to the device, is what I want to know? How would I change the device to say "iPhone?"

Go to Seetings>About and follow the directions in these photos.

$image-55034554.jpg

$image-2607526936.jpg

Go to Seetings>About and follow the directions in these photos.

View attachment 12406

View attachment 12407

I know there's a way to manually edit it in the phone itself, but it would just be more convenient to have it all done at the same time.

I know about that way already. How was my name "given" to the device, is what I want to know? How would I change the device to say "iPhone?" If I can find out where iTunes got my name, is there a way to change it? That's what I am thinking would help solve it. I don't remember iTunes asking for my name on install or anything like that....

Did iTunes go through my personal files on my computer to get my name? I don't understand where it got my name...

Last edited:
Maybe someone put the name on your phone while you're asleep :) your phone won't appear "Syncing Jim's iPhone to iTunes" if it wasnt set up.

If you set the device to automatically sync with you're tunes, it'll retrieve the data currently on your iTunes, meaning it'll use your Apple ID. If the device is 2nd handed, it's possible at its from the previous owner if you didn't restore the device and series's a new device.