What's new

How's Your iPhone 4S Battery Life Doing?

I also switched from a evo to the iphone 4s and the battery is better but I not as much as I thought it would get, I stream alot of audio listening to podcast and sirius and I just think the battery goes way to fast and Im always on the charger

I also came from the Droid world; a Droid X to be specific. I had extremely good battery life, but that was mainly due to the fact that I rooted my device and I was running custom ROM's that had battery tweaks built in. My sister has an Evo that had terrible battery life until I did some similar modifications to hers. The difference in battery life was night and day. My point is this: Once the jailbreak is released for the 4S, I'm sure there will be ways to greatly improve the battery life. But for now, I would say that my (very much loved) iPhone battery life is comparable to what I have experienced in stock Android phones.

I just got my 4s and my battery life is about the same of not better than my 4. I don't know why people keep complaining about battery life. I love my iPhone and always been a loyal customer. Apple is the best.

rxcx5790 said:
I just got my 4s and my battery life is about the same of not better than my 4. I don't know why people keep complaining about battery life. I love my iPhone and always been a loyal customer. Apple is the best.

Because some people weren't as lucky as you. Duh.

battery is about the same as my evo4g which is as we all know not good. the only time my 4s gets good battery life is when it's off.

Mine is okay. It's 100% better than any android device I've used. I still get 7hrs before I have to recharge. I have the iPhone 4 and I have absolutely no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I agree. On androids that I have had, I had to turn off data to even get half the battery life I get on iPhone.

I usually get a full day without recharging. Here is an example, it has limited location services, 3G/Wifi always on, Siri off, push on for exchange account, a few SMS, about 30 min talking in total and the rest was playing around and twitter/web surfing.

$image-2339266004.jpg

Anyway, I don't know if this is bad or not, I'm a new iPhone user coming from android, so for mi this is actually quite nice.

Hoping I can get more in the future!
Best regards

rxcx5790 said:

You're one of the fortunate ones then.

Mine will go up to 10h of usage time. Wifi only and all location blablabla are off. No games, no videos or tv streaming or playback, no 3G but EDGE. Only Internet browsing for a while, iMessage, text messages, phone calls, Skype running permanently in the background 24/24h.
I will be posting a screenshot of my usage after a full recharge.

So here is my screenshot. Like I said before, there is no video streaming or playback, no games.
Just reading PDF, about 10mn of making Internet on EDGE as 3G is not available on my sim card.
Playing music for a while, making about 4 phones calls, each last not more than 2mn. Locations services and push email are all off, brightness is at about 40%.
7588006c-f4f0-7683.jpg

I agree with you, Iphone users complain about battery life on the Iphone, but myself switching from the HTC Evo 4g to the incrediable Iphone 4s the battery life is so much better..I am totally in love with my Iphone. It exceeded my expectations and then some..everytime I pull my Iphone out I find myself smiling and sometimes even a giggle...lol it's so great..I am totally converted and love it~!

My iPhone4s battery is great I get about 7hrs before I need a charge, and that's with texting, music, streaming and Facebook lol I can't complain at all.

What's really strange with my battery is that at the end of the day, I will have about 9h or 8h of usage time. When you look at my previous screenshot you would think that I can have 15h of usage time before reach 1% of left battery, but I just noticed that the more % it's loosing, the more quicker it's loosing it resulting likes it takes time to loose % from 100% to 85% or 70% but after that, it's loosing % faster and faster. Here is what I got out from usage time yesterday:
7b7966d8-d3f6-f954.jpg