What's new

how to update a jailbroken 4.1 6.15.00

cummo13

Reaction score
hi how do you safely update a jailbroken 4.1 fw 6.15.00 . ok i dont know much i have download redsnow and snowbreeze . i have already got the no sim card activte on the 6.15.00. it cost me 25euro to have it put back to 4.1. is there away of getting to a safe iso an still beable to use my iphone thanks any info on this will be most helpful

Why would you pay 25 Euros to have it downgraded when you could've done it yourself. The only way you can upgrade now is to create a custom IPSW that preserves the baseband without bricking your device. Your options are either iOS 6.0.1 or any thing between 4.1 and 6.0.1. To upgrade to any iOS that is not iOS 6.0.1, you'll need SHSH blobs that are saved on either Cydia's servers or your computer. There are NO other ways to get them now. You can find which blobs you have saved on Cydia's server either by opening up Cydia on your iPhone and on the top, check to see if anything other than iOS 4.1 is there, or, you can run TinyUmbrella with your iPhone plugged in and attempt to save SHSH or save all SHSH and see if anything comes up.

ok thanks for mailing me back. i have cydia open and shsh it goes 4.1 4.3.5 5.0.1 5.1.1 6.0.1. when i updated to 6.15.00 on my own i tried to get out of the locked no sim by using snowbreeze when i used it i got a snowbreeze custom fw 5.0.1 . i hit shift an restore and kept getting 3194 error. then i downloaded tinyumbella but could not understand what it was asking me to do. my 3gs is a the new one i checked. what is the safe way to get to 5.0.1 . do i need to disable jailbreak

Last edited:
i went tinyumbrella and i cannot start TSS service, do not try to restore your device. ok im sorry for theses noob ?s . is tinyumbrella a place to save the shsh an if i mess up or brick my phone then i could go back to the saved shsh fw and restore it

Last edited:
If you brick your device, no software process can unbrick it. Bricking your device means you'll need a baseband chipset replacement. Just because you flashed your baseband doesn't mean you're unlocked. You'll need UltraSn0w from Cydia in order to unlock your iPhone. Download and get the iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 or even iOS 6.0.1 IPSW. If you're trying to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1, then you'll need to retrieve the blobs that you're trying to restore your iPhone to, then use RedSn0w's restore function.

ok everything is gone off my iphone so the blob files , well theres nothing. ok if i open up redsnow . go to extras . then select ipsw , ok find a iso file between 4.1 to 6.0.1 ipsw and select that, put my iphone in dfu mode. and go to jailbreak . ok then what will i do . or am i miles of

No. You have to restore it to that iOS first, THEN you can jailbreak it that iOS. I recommend restoring to iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1. To do so, you'll need to use the restore function in RedSn0w. After your device is restored to iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1, you can use RedSn0w again to jailbreak just like you said above. The jailbreak you use is based on the iOS that's currently on your iPhone. So if you have an iPhone that's on iOS 6.0.1, you cannot select and jailbreak using the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW, you can only use the iOS 6.0 IPSW to jailbreak. (iOS 6.0.1 is a hotfix, so you cannot select 6.0.1's IPSW, you'll need the original, which is iOS 6.0. That's ONLY the case for iOS 6.0.1)

is 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 ok i will get cracking in awhile an let you know how i get on. do i need to remove the jailbreak on my iphone first, ok i see restoring it will do that. but do this on redsnow not on itunes . i have redsnow 15 b3 is this ok to do this

do you use pwned dfu mode to get it in to the restore,

You only need pwned DFU mode for a downgrade. Right now you're upgrading. Let's just settle for iOS 5.1.1. To restore from your current situation:

1) Download the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your make of the iPhone 4 (GSM or CDMA)
2) Open up RedSn0w
3) Go to Extras > Even More > Restore
4) Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW you downloaded
5) Next, click on Remote for the SHSH blobs. RedSn0w will automatically retrieve the 5.1.1 from Cydia's servers
6) Follow the on-screen instructions on what to do.
7) After your iPhone has been restored to iOS 5.1.1, open up RedSn0w again
8) Go to Extras > Select IPSW and again, point it to the same iOS 5.1.1 IPSW you downloaded before
9) Click on back to go back to the main screen, select jailbreak, put your iPhone into DFU mode.

Alternatively, instead of step 7-9, you can download GreenPois0n's Absinthe to jailbreak as well. Whichever method you use is up to you, the end results are the same.

did everything have the pineapple on hope it works cause i had the no sim card. before i hit jailbreak. its starting up know..

ok it didnt work mate, i still have my sim card in. i have that stupid lock. again. on redsnow it has 5.1.1 new br 6.15.00 what do i do

thanks very much mate, your gentleman. just one more ? i bought apps can i still get them cause im using the same account with itunes. thanks again i forgot about unltrasnow