What's new

How to Update Jailbreak iPhone 3GS IOS 4.1 to 5.1.1

geniesgona

Reaction score
I have iPhone 3GS the problem is that it can run only limited APPS i want to update to 5.1.1 from 4.1.

my Baseband (Modem Firmware) is 6.15.00. I want only Update ios 5.1.1 not my Baseband.

Please Guide me.

Unless you have iOS 5.1.1 blobs saved with valid APTickets back when iOS 5.1.1 was being signed, or any iOS blobs with valid APTickets, the only iOS you can restore to is the latest, which is 6.1.3

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Unless you have iOS 5.1.1 blobs saved with valid APTickets back when iOS 5.1.1 was being signed, or any iOS blobs with valid APTickets, the only iOS you can restore to is the latest, which is 6.1.3

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

But iam beginner please tell me how to update this becasue when i update it through itunes it gives me error (3194) and this is very embrassing for me my iphone is jailbreak and ultrasnow installed. so what is the best option.

If you upgrade your pone to 6.1.3, you will no longer be able to use UltraSn0w unless you're on the old baseband 3GS.

If you upgrade your pone to 6.1.3, you will no longer be able to use UltraSn0w unless you're on the old baseband 3GS.

Which Baseband require for Ultrasn0w? and how i downgraded my Baseband.?

And Friend when i open Cydia in my Iphone 3gs it shows (shsh: 4.1, 5.1.1)what it's mean?

Read up about SHSH blobs here, which are what you see in terms of numbers listed above.

UltraSn0w requires either 05.13.04 or below, or the flashed iPad Baseband. Depending on whether your device is a new or old bootrom 3GS, there are 2 different ways of flashing the iPad Baseband, the easier being the old bootrom, the lengthier being the new bootrom.

Since 5.1.1 is listed, and assuming it has valid APTickets alongside with it, you can restore to 5.1.1 using RedSn0w, or restore + jailbreak using Sn0wBreeze's custom IPSW method.