What's new

How to transfer contacts, app from old Phone's sim card to iphone 4?

DaisyCassie

Reaction score
I recently got the new iPhone 4 but it doesn't have my contacts and old text messages etc. I previously had the iPhone 3gs. When I upgraded my iphone 3gs to iphone 4 they gave me a new sim card but it was basically a replica of my old sim card (eg.same number), and other question: how can I move purchased songs, app from my iPhone 3gs to my iPhone 4? please help, it there any app can help?

update question: yestoday, I search it google and found an artilce talking about my question, I don't if that app works for my iPhone 4, because It's been several days now; I am not sure if it can still transfer my file: how to transfer music from iPhone 4 to computer

Last edited:
Data's no longer stored on SIM cards anymore when it comes to the iPhone. Open up iTunes, backup your 3GS to your computer, plug your 4 in, and restore that backup. If you have the apps downloaded on iTunes, they'll sync over, otherwise, you'll have to manually re-install them again. Other than that, all your contacts, messages, voicemail, notes, reminders, etc will be transferred with the backup