What's new

How to track if I'm being spied on

sizzler

Reaction score
Is it possible to actually find out if someone is spying on my phone or tracking me. I have an iphone 5 with att. One of the reasons I ask is cause my battery has been draining faster and 3-4 times my phone will all of a sudden say.."invalid sim" and I restart phone....is there a definitive way that I can track if someone is spying on me.
iOS 10.3.3
It's Not jailbreaked!

Thanks for any help

What steps have you done so far? Did you shut down phone and remove then reinsert sim .. battery drain can be from app misbehaving..have you looked at your battery stats for a week to see if any using too much..why do you think it's spying? Kinda odd conclusion for your issues

As your phone has not been jail broken, no one can download spyware on it.

Two places to look for peace of mind. first of all check under battery usage and it will tell you what is using your battery. You do have an older phone. it may simply be at the end of it's battery life.

Then you can look at the apps under settings and location services and see if there is a location icon next to one. If you don't need location services you can turn things on and off as needed. Go to Privacy>Location services>system services> Turn off location based apps and suggestions.

But as others have said, there is no way to spy unless you let someone set up Find my Friends without your knowledge.

Thanks!
Carolinem-I guess it may have been weird, I have a lot going on in my life right now and I was recently explaining what key loggers are and what they're used for. My life is very private and I know a few people that would want to know what I have on my phone. It's not drama, I'm just private!
In last 5 months I've logged 2 different things out of my recent activity in my email recent history. I've changed password to email probably 4 times in 6 months just to be safe. I know key loggers aren't able to work for a phone, but it was after I mentioned and explained what they were, I started to have all this weird stuff happening and my phone it would start saying invalid sim. The person I explained it to wanted to know more about for employer-employee problems on the computer. All them things happening to me made me think someone was trying to spy on me some way.

I reset my phone today.
I got nervous cause u can buy things like "Mspy" and I heard they can spy on your phone really easy.

Last edited:
We are here to help
IMG_1511106807.631615.jpg