What's new

How to save video files to camera roll from email

ssal

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 with the latest iOS 7.0.3. When I received a video clip (mov) in my email, there is a winmail.dat icon that said Tap to Download. When I tap and it would show the download progress. But when it's done, I can't see the video. If I tap or double tap on the winmail.dat icon, it would open an option for mail. I want to save it to my camera roll. How do you do that?

I did. But new phone doesn't behave as described in the search answer. After downloading the file (as indicated by the download progress), it disappear. Double tape on the incon (winmail.dat) give me an option to send mail. The arrow pointing upper left (in the bottom of the screen) would give me option to cancel, reply, forward or print. It is not in Video, or Camera Roll. By the way, how do you do paragraph in this forum post?

This forum falls short of my expectation. 200+ views and not one solution. Am I the only one having this problem?

This forum falls short of my expectation. 200+ views and not one solution. Am I the only one having this problem?
One thing that I can tell you about this forum is that if someone has a solution, or even something that can possibly help you, they will post. I've had several similar times where I would post and just not get any responses. The trick is to not take it personally. A lack of a response doesn't mean people are ignoring you. It just means that they don't have any information that they think will help. With over 200 views I think it's safe to say that this is something no one's familiar with. Not everyone checks these forums every day. If you don't get it figured out I'd wait a day or two and bump this thread and see what you stir up. Good luck, and welcome to the forums.