What's new

how to make ringtones & no button in itunes??

loosie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a newbie to apple/iphone and I have a lot of ringtones on my computer from my old phone, but can't work out how to get 'em onto the iphone?? I have a 3g phone with o/s 4.2.1 & iTunes 10.2.1.1 There is no 'ringtones' tab anywhere on itunes.

I have googled & looked thru threads on forums, to no avail.

Found instrucs that say rename .acc ringtone files with .M4R but for the life of me can't find any .acc files on my 'puter - itunes automatically converted the wma & mp3 files when I added them to the library. Also found a few instrucs pointing to broken links.

Anyone tell me how it's done please? Or do I need to jailbreak my phone to do it?

TIA!

Thanks for that Gaz. Unfortunately I only got half way thru the instrucs successfully. When I 'renamed' the converted audio(put .m4r on the end) and then went back to itunes it only came up with 'couldn't sync because couldn't find file' or some such. When I went back into explorer to look further, I found those files were now (name).m4r.mp3 or (name).m4r.aac so still appeared to be incorrect format. Is there some trick to changing the format in that way?

Anyway, I've just downloaded an m4r converter, so hopefully that works - I'll let you know.

Yay! M4r converter (used iRinger - too easy!) worked. Very straightforward! Cheers!