What's new

Adding ringtone

tndave

Reaction score
I added a ringtone to my phone in itunes…did the ACC & changed from .m4a to .m4r first. And looking at my phone from itunes it is there but has a round icon with two circle arrows & it don’t show up on my actual phone. I have the same thing with a couple of mp3’s that I have tried to put on my phone. What’s the deal?

Thanks,
DD

wow...130 something views & no replys...maybe somebody at crackberry can give me a clue...

wow...130 something views & no replys...maybe somebody at crackberry can give me a clue...

Maybe it has something to do with this question being answered over and over again and maybe people can't be bothered answering another one.

Try the search button to find your answer. Just type in "ringtone"

iHolophyte

tndave said:
I added a ringtone to my phone in itunes…did the ACC & changed from .m4a to .m4r first. And looking at my phone from itunes it is there but has a round icon with two circle arrows & it don’t show up on my actual phone. I have the same thing with a couple of mp3’s that I have tried to put on my phone. What’s the deal?

Thanks,
DD

Is the ringtone maybe not too long in length? I think the ringtone in itunes can be max 30 odd seconds long.

Semel said:
Is the ringtone maybe not too long in length? I think the ringtone in itunes can be max 30 odd seconds long.

Yup 30 seconds. You can actually go to 40 with certain songs I think, but 30 seconds is the best.

SMS tones should be 2-3 seconds long.

Yup 30 seconds. You can actually go to 40 with certain songs I think, but 30 seconds is the best.

SMS tones should be 2-3 seconds long.
Zig can you empty your PM inbox? can't send you PM. I'm sorry for this off topic.

I’m sorry my original post didn’t have enough info. The ringtone that I created is 11 seconds long. I put it in itunes & tried t sync & got a msg that said something like “are you sure…all music & video on the phone will be lost” so I stopped. So I tried to drag & drop to my phone & on the computer in itunes it shows up in “tones” on the phone, but on my phone when I go to settings>sounds>ringtone it’s not there.

Thanks,
DD

tndave said:
I’m sorry my original post didn’t have enough info. The ringtone that I created is 11 seconds long. I put it in itunes & tried t sync & got a msg that said something like “are you sure…all music & video on the phone will be lost” so I stopped. So I tried to drag & drop to my phone & on the computer in itunes it shows up in “tones” on the phone, but on my phone when I go to settings>sounds>ringtone it’s not there.

Thanks,
DD

Are you jailbroken?

tndave said:

Thanks,
DD

This is because you do not have "Manually Manage Music" set in iTunes.

iTunes does not have drag and drop simplicity unless you click "Manually Manage Music" in the iPhone "Summary" pain.

You use the sync options instead.

Syncing is not the same thing as just dragging media to the device. Syncing is the replacement of whatever is on the device with whatever is in iTunes.

I mean.., unless you click "Manually Manage Music" that is.

That is all you need to do.