What's new

How to keep all my phone contacts?

Bluering

Reaction score
Any thoughts how to transfer all the phone contacts?
I am waiting for the iPhone 5 from my phone shop; it can take one or two weeks. But I intend to move to another network with my new phone. As soon as I cancel this present account and open another one with another carrier, I will not be able to transfer my phone contacts from the old sim card. So any idea what can I do so that I don’t lose all my contacts?

I'm assuming you're not using an iPhone currently. If you are using an iPhone. Obviously you just sync your phone to iTunes. And when u get your new iPhone regardless of carrier you simply sync the new phone to iTunes and all your contacts and apps move to the new phone with no problems.

If you have an iPhone now, just turn on cloud sync for contacts under settings in the phone. So when you get the new phone you just turn the contact setting on and all your contacts pop up. That's what I do.

If you have an iPhone now, just turn on cloud sync for contacts under settings in the phone. So when you get the new phone you just turn the contact setting on and all your contacts pop up. That's what I do.

Thanks, yes I still have my iPhone 4. So I can turn on cloud sync just for contacts only? That's good as I don't want to sync all the photos and music that I have, I have tried it before it took ages to go through.

Thanks, yes I still have my iPhone 4. So I can turn on cloud sync just for contacts only? That's good as I don't want to sync all the photos and music that I have, I have tried it before it took ages to go through.

Yeah I don't sync anything except my contacts. It's good because if you ever do a restore or get a new iPhone, your contacts are backed up and ready to go.

Just go into settings on your current phone, scroll down and click on "iCloud", then set "contacts" to On. Now your contacts are synced and you're good to go :)

Yeah I don't sync anything except my contacts. It's good because if you ever do a restore or get a new iPhone, your contacts are backed up and ready to go.

Just go into settings on your current phone, scroll down and click on "iCloud", then set "contacts" to On. Now your contacts are synced and you're good to go :)

Good stuff, thank you very much.