What's new

HOW TO: Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 - 6.1.6 using P0sixspwn [Windows/Mac]

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This guide shows you the transition between each step during the jailbreaking process using P0sixspwn. This utility works for iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5 and 6.1.6. P0sixspwn is similar to that to Absinthe and Evasi0n as it is a userland exploit, and requires zero interaction between user and device outside of clicking the [Jailbreak] button.

Like all other userland jailbreaks, it's best to disable your passcode lock before jailbreaking. Unlike Evasi0n7, this jailbreak does not have ill-effects if your device was OTA updated to 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 6.1.5 or 6.1.6 so no matter if you restored to 6.1.3-6.1.6, or OTA'd to any of them, this jailbreak will work. After jailbreaking, like every other userland jailbreak, if there are any updates to the untether package, you do not have to restore and rejailbreak. You can simply update the p0sixspwn package through Cydia and the changes made (if any) will be applied.

As always, though the jailbreak does not break your device, it's best to backup your device in the extremely minute chance that something does happen.

You can download p0sixspwn 1.0.8 below

Windows Download

Mac OS X 10.6+ Download

Note that since there are zero interactions between user and GUI, this picture guide is essentially just showing you what you'll see.

ZOUnm62.png

DmBbDTB.png

5dkibeO.png

nnlKWGz.png

IimBS6Y.png

*At this point, your device should say "Restore in Progress" on the screen.

V68x7Xx.png

MkdJEWH.png

gG3XbVu.png

EC8bepK.png

uCAAzYQ.png

[FIN]

Last edited:
ih8sn0w has updated the p0sixspwn tool to support 6.1.6. Pre-A5 users no longer have to tethered jailbreak using RedSn0w then installing the package through Cydia. Link has been updated.

Will this work on my 3GS .. I've jailbreaked it on redsnow .. Using 6.0_ ipsw it's know 6.1.6 ipsw cause I update on iTunes ...

I have no sevice ultrasnow is not working ... I downloaded p0sixspwn from cydia an its not helping either ... Will this work if I download the tool of p0sixspwn .. Will it fix the wifi connect problem 2... Thanks