What's new

How to jailbreak 4.2.1 (tethered)

I agree with you guys. Id wait. As you all know Ive been waiting... waiting... waiting.... just like you all. How much can we wait? they been feeding and feeding us. Now its 4.3 might come out so that is why 4.2.1 JB isnt coming out so fast. they waiting for 4.3ios release. Well the ios will be waiting for them to release the JB 1st and at the end we all be waiting, and the new iphone 5 will come out..
I lost faith in untethered JB....

Besides whats the worse that can happen? ill have to restore back?

Xmas tomorrow and still no untethered..

Xmas tomorrow and still no untethered..

nope and i bet if those idiots dident block te shatter exploit being released by releasing their own crap we would of had it by now and i bet you apple change the chip so the exploit doesent even work on the iphone 5 or what ever it will be called... but it will work out nicely for the iphone 4 users because they will be jailbroken for life while iphone 5 wont be

I see they running a test on the backup plan for 4.2.1 with Mac users over this weekend.Hopefully it can ty in nicely with unlock set for mid in Jan.

I see they running a test on the backup plan for 4.2.1 with Mac users over this weekend.Hopefully it can ty in nicely with unlock set for mid in Jan.

backup shmackup they should of just allowed shatter to be released and we would of been ok now...

redsn0w tester invitation
Over the Christmas weekend we’ll be releasing a version of redsn0w that implements the “backup plan” to the 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. We’re seeking your help to test this redsn0w and find any bugs before we do a general release!

(If you have an iPhone 3G, or an old-bootrom ipt2g or iPhone 3GS, you already have an untethered jailbreak! Just use the latest public redsn0w.)

To keep things manageable, this will be a Mac-only test program. We also request that any volunteers *NOT* need the ultrasn0w unlock (in case things go very wrong).

Right now, the “backup plan” requires that you have the 4.2b3 IPSW on your Mac, and that Cydia has your 4.2b3 SHSH hashes. Please don’t pirate that 4.2b3 IPSW! (We’re also working on a way that this technique might apply to all those with 4.1 IPSWs, but that’s not the first goal right now.)

If you fit all the above qualifications, please follow @redsn0w_testers on twitter for announcements, and use the comments section here for feedback. Thanks very much for your help, and Happy Holidays!

Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w tester invitation

NO Mac here. :(

im on a macbook pro but i dont think i would want to put my phone for testing... every one is jumping at the chance on their comments lol

i think this is all geohots fault for making the devs delay shatter to release his crap in order to save a jailbreak whole for the iphone 5 that wont even still be there in the iphone 5..

but it will be good for those who wont upgrade when they see apple have fixed the shatter whole they will release it for the 4 and then we will have un tethered jb for life... wasted time for nothing really..

i care too much about my phone to let it go into testing that could mess it up..

For gods sake patience will provide an "un-tethered" jailbroken 4.2.1 but like everything its a damn virtue