What's new

How to Get Iphone to work in India?

coolpepe

Reaction score
Recently my friends relative brought him a 2nd hand Iphone 4 from abroad and the device is showing the " No Service " message. I even upgraded the firmware of the device from 7.1.1 to 7.1.2 but its asking for am Apple ID with which it was associated earlier. (My friend has no idea of that ID) so I checked its imei on a webpage and this is what i got:

IMEI *
Serial number *
Model IPHONE 4 8GB WHITE
Activated Yes
Warranty Out of Warranty
Telephone Technical Support Expired
Repairs and Service Coverage Expired
Find My iPhone ON
Country of purchase Switzerland
Purchase Date 24.06.2013
SIM lock Unlocked
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

* IMEI and Serial no removed due to security reason.

Is there a way to make it work in India? Help will really be appreciated. Hope to get a direction to sort this out.

I'm afraid that iPhone is iCloud locked. It's also known as Activation Lock. Unless you have the Apple ID and password of the original owner, that phone cannot be activated. This is a security feature implemented with iOS 7 last year to prevent fraudulent erasing and use of lost or stolen iPhones. I'm sorry that your friend has been caught up in this situation. There is no way to bypass this requirement, despite what you may find on the Internet.

What your friend has, unfortunately, is little more than a paperweight.

Here is what Apple has to say about Activation Lock.
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13695

Thanks for the reply and info. Will ask friend to get details from his relatives about the apple ID. Hope they can provide it.
Can we downgrade to some older version and then can able to make it work?

Thanks for the reply and info. Will ask friend to get details from his relatives about the apple ID. Hope they can provide it.
Can we downgrade to some older version and then can able to make it work?
I'm afraid not. You'll still be stuck with an inoperative phone. If it were that easy to bypass activation lock it wouldn't be a very good security feature.

With the phone stuck on I cloud lock, it wont work anywhere in the world, let alone India.

But ive heard that doulci team has a way to bypass I cloud activation for free, no harn in checking it out right?

Visit www.doulci.net

It doesn't matter what that site says, you won't be able to bypass iCloud Activation Lock.