What's new

How to Download iOS7-only Apps onto Jailbroken iOS6?

iniesta

Reaction score
I feel as though App Store is punishing me for not upgrading to iOS7. There's a new app I was thinking of purchasing (it's a brand new app release so there is no option on the App Store to download the last compatible version of the app), but iOS7 is required for the app to download and function. Is there any way to get around this, or do I have to make a choice - either keep iOS6 without the app, or upgrade to iOS7 and swap my jailbreak for the app?

Feedback is much appreciated. :)

I feel as though App Store is punishing me for not upgrading to iOS7. There's a new app I was thinking of purchasing (it's a brand new app release so there is no option on the App Store to download the last compatible version of the app), but iOS7 is required for the app to download and function. Is there any way to get around this, or do I have to make a choice - either keep iOS6 without the app, or upgrade to iOS7 and swap my jailbreak for the app?

Feedback is much appreciated. :)

I'm sorry but you only have the two options you mentioned: keep iOS 6 jail broken and forgo the app or upgrade to uncial broken iOS 7 to get/use the app.

There's no way to spoof your iOS version, although people keep trying (it just books up the iDevice, necessitating a restore anyway).

So, you just have to decide which you want more right now. A jail broken iPhone or that app.

Marilyn

I'm sorry but you only have the two options you mentioned: keep iOS 6 jail broken and forgo the app or upgrade to uncial broken iOS 7 to get/use the app.

There's no way to spoof your iOS version, although people keep trying (it just books up the iDevice, necessitating a restore anyway).

So, you just have to decide which you want more right now. A jail broken iPhone or that app.

Marilyn

Oh... Thanks anyway.

iOS 7 apps are made that way because they call on the iOS 7 APIs. If you don't have the APIs, whether or not you have the app wouldn't make a difference since you'd be stuck in a boot loop that you can't exit with Safe Mode.