What's new

How to delete song from iphone 3gs?

scrabble

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to delete a song from my iphone 3gs? I thought I deleted it, but it still shows up on my phone in gray. Stopped in Best Buy and they told me once I did sync with itunes it would be deleted but it still shows up in both itunes and my iphone (in gray). Thanks.

Is there a Moderator or Supervisor that could please respond to my inquiry? Thanks so much.

I stopped at the Apple Store and was told that once I synced my phone with my computer, that the song appearing in gray would be gone, but it is still there. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

In your iTunes on your computer, search for the song, uncheck it or right click and delete it, make sure that the song is really not present inside your iTunes on your computer, after that connect your iphone to your computer and on the music tab, check the box saying "Automatically fill up empty space" or something like that (I'm not in from of my iTunes now so...) then sync your iTunes to your iPhone, that's it.

bab2010 said:
In your iTunes on your computer, search for the song, uncheck it or right click and delete it, make sure that the song is really not present inside your iTunes on your computer, after that connect your iphone to your computer and on the music tab, check the box saying "Automatically fill up empty space" or something like that (I'm not in from of my iTunes now so...) then sync your iTunes to your iPhone, that's it.

Loading....plusone..etcetera..etcetera.

I would manually manage music. But this is what works.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Hi, the song does not appear on itunes on my desktop. I called Apple and they told me to create a new playlist which I did and to not include the song which I want to delete -- I did this and then synced my iphone 3gs to itunes but yet the song still appears on my iphone in gray.

Can anyone tell me how to delete a song from my iphone 3gs? I thought I deleted it, but it still shows up on my phone in gray. Stopped in Best Buy and they told me once I did sync with itunes it would be deleted but it still shows up in both itunes and my iphone (in gray). Thanks.

Babe, You can try my way:
today i just put many songs in my iphone4s and one of it is gray. i can fix it already, i hope you try my way and i hope you can fix it too.THE WAY IS you just select MUSIC-->ARTISTS and left-slide to delete the name of artist(s) which has(ve) problem in your iphone4s. Now You will see that artists' name are deleted, that means the gray list of song will delete too. Then you can sync the songs which you like again. and no proplem any more. I hope it's work for you.
Hope u success
Peace (friend from THAILAND)

I have this same issue when I delete a song on my iPhone. usually a hard reboot does the trick. One time it did not, I just delt with...............The song dissappeared eventually. Must be a bug with the way your phone delets music.

Try a "hard reset" on your phone. Then go back to your music and swipe your finger accross the song, it worked for me. It should let you delete the song...good luck!