What's new

How does the iOS keyboard works?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Today I updated to iOS 8.4 and haven't jailbroken yet, I think I'm going to do it in a few days.

Basically I use iMessage, and use quck reply from lock screen just as much, before with BioProtect I could use 3rd party keyboards now if I have a code I can't use 3rd party keyboards as everyone I'm sure knows.

I'm trying to use iOS keyboard and to get used to it rather than a 3rd party for the reason I've just explained and due to the incoming changes in iOS 9 which is going to make it very good.

Can anyone explain me how the dictionary in it works? If I try to type a word that gets auto corrected how can I "teach" it to the keyboard so that it doesn't corrected anymore or better, so that if I mistype that words it gets corrected into the one I taught?

I've read that if I have a contact with a word then that word doesn't get corrected but I don't really want to make contacts with words just so that they don't get corrected, it looks pretty weird... I've read of another couple ways but I couldn't get them to work very well...

If anyone could explain me how the learning of words works it'd be great, thanks a lot