What's new

How do you run an app if theres no icon for it?

ampakine

Reaction score
I just paid for an iPhone application and according to the page I bought it on it is installed but theres no icon for it in my menu. How do I run an iPhone app if theres no icon to click on? I installed a few free apps and they are all showing up in the menu, its only the one I paid for that has no icon.

If this are Cydia apps you want to check under settings and more than likely is there.

My recommendation is to contact the developer and ask for them to consider adding the feature in a future version. Developers weigh new feature requests based on a number of different things, but user requests are an important part of that decision process. It may not be feasible for all applications, but if you don't ask, they'll never know it was a feature you wanted.

Thanks for the replies. I don't think its a Cydia app. Its not showing up in settings at least. I contacted the developer to ask them if this is a common problem with the app but they told me that this is the first time they've heard of this problem. I interrupted the downloader while it was downloading twice and had to redownload the app, maybe that has something to do with why theres no icon for it. Is there a way to reinstall apps on the iphone? I'm using my brothers iPhone (can't afford one myself yet) so I don't wanna reset the iPhone cuz he'll lose all his contacts and stuff. EDIT: I just hooked the iPhone up to a computer then in iTunes I clicked the Apps tab and noticed that the only app that showed up in the list is this app that I'm trying to get to work. Its giving me the option to "sync" it. I don't really know what that means but I'm going to do it to see if it fixes the problem.

Last edited:
ampakine said:
Thanks for the replies. I don't think its a Cydia app. Its not showing up in settings at least. I contacted the developer to ask them if this is a common problem with the app but they told me that this is the first time they've heard of this problem. I interrupted the downloader while it was downloading twice and had to redownload the app, maybe that has something to do with why theres no icon for it. Is there a way to reinstall apps on the iphone? I'm using my brothers iPhone (can't afford one myself yet) so I don't wanna reset the iPhone cuz he'll lose all his contacts and stuff.

If the app was purchased you could easily reinstall it. Just find the app and reinstall it. Same goes for non paid apps

Alright I managed to delete the app from iTunes so I'm gonna try reinstalling it. Its downloading at the moment and the icon is there while its downloading. Hopefully it'll stay there.

ampakine said:
Alright I managed to delete the app from iTunes so I'm gonna try reinstalling it. Its downloading at the moment and the icon is there while its downloading. Hopefully it'll stay there.

Glad you fixed the issue