What's new

Is it possible to uninstall the Apple Podcasts app

Neumark

Reaction score
Yesterday when I wanted to download a podcast through my iphone I had to download the app "Podcasts". However I do not like it and would like to go back to using the Music app instead for playing my podcasts. Is it possible to do?

What I do not like:

1) I do not like the icon menu and would like to have a list.

2) If I have listened to the whole podcast except for the last 30 seconds (because if for exemple the podcast ends with 60 second ending music) the podcast still shows as a (1) on the podcast icon, thus indicating I have a new podcast.

3) If I paused the podcast and I later open "Podcasts" in order to continue, it show the icon menu and does not directly show which podcast I most recently listened to (and if you are subscribing to more than 10 podcasts you sometimes do not remember which one you listened to a couple of hours ago).

4) Finally, I always listen using x2 playback speed, but I feel that "Podcasts" is not as good handling the higher speed as "Music" was. It might just be me, but I have listened to x2 speed for many years without any problems, but since installing "Podcasts" I have some problems understanding what they are saying.

So is it possible to go back in time?

Regards, Neumark

1) I do not like the icon menu and would like to have a list. You can change this to a list. Pull the icons down and look above them. Upper right corner - touch the box with three parallel lines.

2) If I have listened to the whole podcast except for the last 30 seconds (because if for exemple the podcast ends with 60 second ending music) the podcast still shows as a (1) on the podcast icon, thus indicating I have a new podcast. You can mark it as played, or delete it. In the episode list either (a) swipe right or left on an episode, delete button appears, hit delete; or (b) tap the blue arrow icon, tap light blue "Mark as played." Either one will make the red number go away.

3) If I paused the podcast and I later open "Podcasts" in order to continue, it show the icon menu and does not directly show which podcast I most recently listened to (and if you are subscribing to more than 10 podcasts you sometimes do not remember which one you listened to a couple of hours ago). I have no solution for this one, I agree, it's lame.

4) Finally, I always listen using x2 playback speed, but I feel that "Podcasts" is not as good handling the higher speed as "Music" was. It might just be me, but I have listened to x2 speed for many years without any problems, but since installing "Podcasts" I have some problems understanding what they are saying. Have you tried 1-1/2 speed? That's what I do when I want to go through them quickly. Obviously not as fast as 2x but to me it's much much more understandable.

So is it possible to go back in time?, No, you can't. You can't download podcasts in iTunes, and you can't listen to them in Music.