What's new

How do I restore a deleted app?

bigbluebabyturtle

Reaction score
My darling child has somehow managed to delete the "icon" for my iTunes, app store and uTube! I have tried syncing my phone with the computer again but they don't come back!! Please help, what can I do to get them back?

There is no way those app could be deleted from your home screen, just no way. It's hidden somewhere on your home screen, try to scroll all the left right all over the home screen, look inside folders on your homescreen, you will find them.

Looked everywhere and they are just not there, not in any file or folder. Even the apps that were downloading at the time are now "waiting". I tried syncing it with my pc but I still couldn' find them. I tried to delete the waiting ones so that I could try and reinstall them but that didn't work either, on the AppStore online it says it's already installed! It's not fair, I can't shop!!!!!

maybe he somehow got them hidden by the method mentioned here? Maybe you can do some research and find a way to get them unhid.

addwwwhere.ehow.com/how_7673743_delete-native-iphone-apps.html]How to Delete Native iPhone Apps | eHow.c o m

by the way i'm new so i couldnt post a link but make it "www" where i wrote "addwwwhere"

bab2010 said:
On the app store, where? On your phone or on your computer?

On the app store on my computer.

Well, I know that they are somewhere there on your homescreen. Question: is the phone jailbreaked? If no then they are there for sure, try to use the spotscrearch engine by typing the name of those apps in the search bar, if it located, tap on the icon to open the app, see if the app is working well, you can find the spot search engine when you scroll completely to the left on your home screen. Also you might want to try a hard reset.

bab2010 said:
Well, I know that they are somewhere there on your homescreen. Question: is the phone jailbreaked? If no then they are there for sure, try to use the spotscrearch engine by typing the name of those apps in the search bar, if it located, tap on the icon to open the app, see if the app is working well, you can find the spot search engine when you scroll completely to the left on your home screen. Also you might want to try a hard reset.

I've tried that and it does not find them. No it's not jailbraked, I'll try the hard reset from my pc. Thanks anyway really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

If you didn't sync it to your iTunes on your computer it's like you lose it 4ever. Next time try syncing your phone to your computer more often it helps recover files if you ever come to accidentally lose them.