What's new

how do I copy photos from my pc to the iPhone?

MacGuyver

Reaction score
I have some photos and some youtube videos which I would like to transfer from my pc to my iPhone , but I can't figure out how to do this.

can someone tell me how to get them on to the phone?

First, you connect your phone to iTunes on your computer.
Import pictures on the computer from iTunes.
Then sync to the phone can be

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some photos and some youtube videos which I would like to transfer from my pc to my iPhone , but I can't figure out how to do this. can someone tell me how to get them on to the phone?
Are the photos in iTunes, or just on your computer in the Pictures folders?

they are in the picture/videos folders.
I have been playing around , and I've learned, as stated above, that they needed to be imported to iTunes first, the synced to the phone to transfer them.

There are a couple of problems I've been encountering , however. I don't know what I've got set wrong in iTunes, but some times when I sync, I find that it erases everything from the phone.

Also, some of the videos I've tried to upload to the phone are supposedly not playable. They were taken with a Flip Mino HD video camera, which is Mp4, the correct format to be read by iTunes, if I'm not mistaken. I do recall seeing someone post a video on youtube where he was saying they used a program to convert to iTunes format , but I was hoping I wouldn't need to do that.

If I do, which program is recommended to convert them so iTunes can recognize them?

BTW, I can play/view the video using iTunes, so I don't understand why it won't transfer to the phone.

Last edited:
For pics I just email them to myself and save to the Camera Roll.

I use Dropbox for this. Just put the pictures in a folder on dropbox and with the app on your idevice, save it in to your Camera Roll