What's new

How can I tell which carrier this iPhone 5 belongs to?

haoleflip

Reaction score
Hello! I am a repair tech and I have a couple of iPhone 5's here, but I don't know what carrier they are for. Is there a way to tell which carrier the iPhones were made for by the serial number or IMEI? Thanks!

Try settings>general>about an then scroll down to where it says carrier.

This way will tell you exactly

Yes it will. Look at this screenshot.

$image-3384114471.jpg

What if it says "vn fl 14.0" ??

Here's the problem I am having: I have this iPhone 5 here and when I put the MEID on a Verizon account, Verizon is telling me that the ESN is clean and that I can put it onto a Verizon account. However, when I put an AT&T SIM Card in (just for sh*ts and giggles) the Carrier changes to AT&T. Is this phone unlocked? I need to find the ORIGINAL carrier of the phone is there any way to do this?

20130503_122913_zpsa90469c5.jpg

Last edited:
Did u try google online ur imei ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

There is a charges for IMEI finders, and frankly I wouldn't trust them. $5 or more for 2 lines of information that you'll use once

When I googled that model number it I found it for sale by Apple. Its a 16gb Verizon phone.

There is a charges for IMEI finders, and frankly I wouldn't trust them. $5 or more for 2 lines of information that you'll use once

There is a site called iphoneadmin or something can't think of it now and it's free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Try *****, it is free to use.

Just enter your EMEI number and it tells you if your phone is locked to a carrier.

Last edited by a moderator: