What's new

How can I find which carrier my phone has.

Joseph Mckenzie

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a iphone x on line. The phone was suppose to be unlocked but its locked. My carrier ran the phone and it's not stolen but I need to know which carrier the phone is locked by. Under setting=network it says carrier not availible. Help.

You would have to try different SIM cards until you found the one that worked. A second hand store or pawn shop that sells phones may have a collection of SIM cards from various carriers. If they agree, you could test different SIM cards.
First, restore the iPhone then insert a SIM card. If the iPhone activated, you’ve discovered which carrier it’s locked to.
If you have a variety of carrier stores in your area you could ask them to try one of their SIM cards.

BTW, how do you know it’s locked? The only way to find out is to restore the iPhone and activate it with a SIM card. If it doesn’t activate with a SIM card inserted, it’s locked to another carrier.

You would have to try different SIM cards until you found the one that worked. A second hand store or pawn shop that sells phones may have a collection of SIM cards from various carriers. If they agree, you could test different SIM cards.
First, restore the iPhone then insert a SIM card. If the iPhone activated, you’ve discovered which carrier it’s locked to.
If you have a variety of carrier stores in your area you could ask them to try one of their SIM cards.

BTW, how do you know it’s locked? The only way to find out is to restore the iPhone and activate it with a SIM card. If it doesn’t activate with a SIM card inserted, it’s locked to another carrier.
Thanks for the info. The way I know the phone is locked I tried the sim card from my other phone that's active.

I’ve removed the other thread with the same question. Better keep the discussion of your problem to one thread. Multiple threads about the same topic are confusing, and it’s more likely you’ll solve this issue when everything that’s connected to it is in one thread only.