What's new

How can i open zip or rar files on iphone 4?

umarrehman187

Reaction score
Like lets say i downlaod a movie from rapidshare where it has two parts they are zip or rar files how can i open them or even pictures?

I'd be interested also to know if you can. But as far as I know you have to unzip and convert them to mp4 on your computer.

I believe u can use the ifile to unrar on the files or zip i am sure of u can download it in the sinfuliphone repo or xcellize

Use iZip to view a zip file and extract it on iPhone/iPad. You can open a zip file from email by iZip. You can also extract a zip file on iZip. What's neat is that you can compress files in iZip to zip format and send it through email. Give it a try, you will like it.

You can d/l the movie on your phone then use ifile to unzip and then vlc player to watch the movie on your phone, then all you need is the iphone lead to HDMI (or composite/component) to connect to a tv/HDMI tv and the possibilities are endless ...;-). This is what I was able to do until I freaking accidentally ungraded my phone to 4.2.1

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use GoodZipRar to open rar file.

download URL:
GoodZipRaR for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

► File Manager
- Folders support
- Rename, Copy, Move, Delete files
- Imports photo & video from Camera or Photos Library
- Supports photo thumbnails preview
- Supports Zip, Tar, RAR, CBR, CBZ
► Open Email Archive File
open files attached in emails, directly from your Mail, Open In...GoodZipRaR

►WiFi Share Batch Transfer
App will transform your Document and file handling forever. It‘s the first app that makes wireless transfer of your Document and files from or to your computer and other i-Devices. You need never use a cable again! 
- Batch transfer 
Just select, choose target and you’re done. 
-No limitations 
One or thousands of Document or Movie from your last trip – you can transfer them all at once.
- FILE SHARING:
File sharing with other iOS devices via USB or Wi-Fi

Download then through safari and open them in ifile, u need to download ifile from cydia

Sent from my iPhone 4 5.1.1 using Tapatalk

You can d/l the movie on your phone then use ifile to unzip and then vlc player to watch the movie on your phone, then all you need is the iphone lead to HDMI (or composite/component) to connect to a tv/HDMI tv and the possibilities are endless ...;-). This is what I was able to do until I freaking accidentally ungraded my phone to 4.2.1
Please mind your language,this is a family forum,thank you.

Or you can download an app called itheatr.es from cydia u can download them and watch them on there

Sent from my iPhone 4 5.1.1 using Tapatalk

If you are using a non Jailbreak device , you can use the app "download". The app has a web browser within which you can use to download files from rapidshare or any other file hosting site. Once you are done downloading the files, the app has native support to extract the rar, zip and pretty much most popular compressed file formats. Hope this helps. :)