What's new

How can I backup my iphone pictures if I dont own a computer

katielee102

Reaction score
Hi all!
I mistakingly thought that photostream backed up all my pictures to iclouds. I now see that is not the case. Do i really need photostream? It must be taking up unnecesary space. Is there a way to back up all my iphone pictures to iclouds? I dont own a computer (i know i know), i am on one all day at work and have my iphone so why bother. BUT i do want a way to make sure i never loose my pictures as the iphone is now my camera!

Any ideas, or good websites you recommend for forever saving my photos?

Dropbox will back them up for you - you have to open the Dropbox app to get it to "trigger" at times, but it works pretty well.

I use the Dropbox app as well. Open Dropbox, go to the desired folder, tap the eclipse (...) in the upper right, then tap the plus icon (upload) in the resulting popup menu. This action will open the camera roll to allow you to choose which pictures you want to upload.

Dropbox will also back all new photos / videos automatically if you enable it - just FYI! :) But the "automatic" part only seems to work when triggered by opening the app. Maybe that'll change with the true multi-tasking in iOS 7.

Dropbox will also back all new photos / videos automatically if you enable it - just FYI! :) But the "automatic" part only seems to work when triggered by opening the app. Maybe that'll change with the true multi-tasking in iOS 7.
Yes, the automatic camera upload feature works great. Tried this today and was amazed.

I did see in an electronics retailer catalogue some kind of memory card adapter - it had a slot for a SD memory card and a cord that had an iPhone5 male socket to fit into said iPhone5

(see pic)

There are several ways to achieving the same one of which is using an app called Phonecopy , it allows you to store your phones on the cloud using the phonecopy website. Similarly there is SOSonline backup app. Dr. Fone and Lookout etc.

you can be upload to free file hosting, eg: box.net or mediafire.com

First, iCloud backup is not iCloud sync. And actually iCloud can help you backup photos and videos like what you do with iTunes, but it has 5 GB's limitation. The Photo stream only syncs your photo to iCloud, and that's not a backup. If you backup data to iCloud, many other data will be saved to iCloud, such as app data, videos, contacts, calendar, passbook, notes, reminders, and more.
To backup your data to iCloud, you can go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > And click Back Up Now. If you want to make iCloud backup automatically when iPhone is plugged in, locked, and connected to WLAN, you can enable the BackUp button.
And an iCloud backup is the almost the same with an iTunes backup. It helps you backup not only videos and photos in camera roll and photo stream, but also other data in call history, contacts, calendar, messages, and more.
When you change to a new device and login your iCloud accoun, you will find the option to recover from iCloud backup.