What's new

Home button issue

blantz

Reaction score
I have been having an issue with my home button on my Verizon iPhone 4. It seems like I have to push it pretty hard to get it to work. This makes double tapping it very hard, which makes it difficult to close open apps. I assume this is hardware related and I just need to take it in. I have Apple One Care and only have had the phone for a little over a year.
If anyone else has any ideas or experience to the contrary, let me know.
Thanks, Brian

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I repeated given procedure with different way but sorry to say not effective and doesn't work still have same issue looking HW issue will open and cline than let u know. Khahmed

khahmed said:
I repeated given procedure with different way but sorry to say not effective and doesn't work still have same issue looking HW issue will open and cline than let u know. Khahmed

Sorry that didn't work for you. It worked for the person who was originally given the info which is why I repeated it here. Obviously there are going to be different reasons for failures and anything is worth trying. Hope you sort your problem out.

I have been having an issue with my home button on my Verizon iPhone 4. It seems like I have to push it pretty hard to get it to work. This makes double tapping it very hard, which makes it difficult to close open apps. I assume this is hardware related and I just need to take it in. I have Apple One Care and only have had the phone for a little over a year.
If anyone else has any ideas or experience to the contrary, let me know.
Thanks, Brian

Sorry about your problem, blantz, but it's one that many iPhone users have. And unfortunately, I hear that the new iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called) will have another mechanical Home button. For Apple: how stupid can you get!!!! In any case, you're not alone. My Home button has given me grief for many months. I don't think it's a "software" issue that can be fixed with a Restore or anything like that. I think it's a simple hardware, mechanical issue that ALL switches have after much use. That's why Apple should go like the Androids, and have a touch-type button. Oh well.....

Recalibration did not help. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced the phone free since I had the apple care on it.
All better.
Thanks all for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net