What's new

Hiding websites from IT/IS?

Reaction score
Ok at work our IT/IS people have certain websites blocked. But some of the more questionable websites we like to visit are not blocked. My work has multiple locations hooked up with the internet & intranet. But at these satellite stations we have wireless routers that we added. I don't believe they are aware we have these routers or don't care we do. I connect to the website through my iPhone connected to the wifi. I'm looking for an app that would prevent them from seeing what pages I'm on or visited while using my iPhone over the wifi. Should I use proxy? Or VPN? Or like I said an app that does it? I'm on a 4S with iOS 6 and jailbroke.

Using an iPhone 4S iOS 6.

Proxy most likely, but you'd have to set it up on the network to bypass the blocked sites. Alternatively you can use web circumventors to do it. Or if it all goes down, UltraSurf your PC at work, set up a VPN from your PC with UltraSurf as your port proxy, and connect your device to your PC. This requires your PC to be hardwired to the network.

Web circumventors work on your device as well, so if you're at your canteen or whatever, you can still use web-based circumventors if you can't connect to your PC's VPN/APN

I'm not looking to access blocked sites. Im trying to block them from seeing what I'm surfing while connected to the wifi.

For that, you'd have to bridge a connection on the network. As long as you're directly on their network, they'll be able to see it.

I'm not looking to access blocked sites. Im trying to block them from seeing what I'm surfing while connected to the wifi.

Why not focus on what you are being paid to do and not trying to circumvent your company policies?

Risking termination to surf where are are not allowed while at work is a horrible way to try to be successful.

The short answer to your question is you cannot hide where you are gong from your IT staff, so you might as well give it up.

Why not focus on what you are being paid to do and not trying to circumvent your company policies?

Risking termination to surf where are are not allowed while at work is a horrible way to try to be successful.

The short answer to your question is you cannot hide where you are gong from your IT staff, so you might as well give it up.

Actually I'm quite good at what I do. On our down time we like to mess around. And I didn't ask you how to do my job better. If you're not going to keep to the subject then don't bother posting.

I answered your question.

You can't hide what you are doing com your IT staff on your internal network.

You can ignore the rest of my advice at your peril.