What's new

Hi, I'm new and need help

zma21

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new iPhone 4 from a friend that's moving out of the country. (Great deal)

Here's the problem. It's an att iphone. I'm on Verizon.

Since it's brand new, what's the easiest way to trade this phone and get an equivalent verizon iphone.

If I have to sell it for close to full retail and buy a new verizon phone at full retail, I'll probably just keep my crappy droid. :(

Thanks for reading!

Since Verizon is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, I don't think that any exchange will work out for you. What you can do is to sell the locked iPhone you have now and use the money to get a Verizon iPhone from a Verizon store. But will you be able to sell it close to the price of a Verizon iPhone? That's a big question which in my opinion is that you will have to sell it rather cheap since it's a factory lock iPhone, and since (I'm pretty sure) the baseband is not supported by ultrasnow.

Hey guys,

I just bought a brand new iPhone 4 from a friend that's moving out of the country. (Great deal)

Here's the problem. It's an att iphone. I'm on Verizon.

Since it's brand new, what's the easiest way to trade this phone and get an equivalent verizon iphone.

If I have to sell it for close to full retail and buy a new verizon phone at full retail, I'll probably just keep my crappy droid. :(

Thanks for reading!

hello and welcome! for verizon you need completely new hardware so the att iphone 4 wont do you any good, you would have to change to a gsm carrier to use it or exchange it for a verizon iphone

Thanks for the welcome and for the replies guys!

I'm completely aware the differences between CDMA vs. GSM, thus I know that this phone simply will not work for verizon.

My question was whether there would be any chance an apple store would swap them out for me being it's brand new. Otherwise I'm going to sell it.

How much do you think I could get out of it, for instance?

what GB is it and how much? I might be a player for it for a friend if the pice is right. PM me the info please.

I have to be at 5 posts to pm.

So very close.

*Posts merged* Please don't spam to get your post count up. There's a post count limit for a reason

Last edited by a moderator: