What's new

Hi Everyone

dunsar

Reaction score
This is my first post on here. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, but am thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 6 plus. I have spent a long time looking at the Samsung Galaxy S6 and the iPhone 6 plus and definitely prefer the features and the look of the iPhone. I love the layout of the apps and the message notifications features.

Guess I will have to learn a whole new operating system now lol. I will probably get my new phone later this year. Can't wait to become an iPhone user (my contract doesn't actually run out until December, but am unhappy with my current network provider so could be before then):rolleyes:

Looking forward to chatting with you all:)

Welcome to iPhone Forums dunsar! If you have any questions before you get your iPhone, don't hesitate to ask.

Hello, dunsar, welcome to iPhoneForums!

A new iPhone model will be released soon, supposedly in September, with very interesting features, according to rumours. Maybe you'll skip your plans to buy the iPhone 6, and get one of these, once they're available. :)

I've been an Android user before. It's easier to handle an iPhone than a Samsung device, imo. I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of your iDevice.

Welcome to the forum.
As has been said soon there will be a new model the iPhone 6S, If it was me I would wait and see what it brings.

Thanks everyone

I have heard about the new iPhone release in September, but am waiting to see what sort of price they are before making a final decision. I'm not sure I want the new model tbh - am actually hoping the older model has a price drop...;)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone

I have heard about the new iPhone release in September, but am waiting to see what sort of price they are before making a final decision. I'm not sure I want the new model tbh - am actually hoping the older model has a price drop...;)
One thing about the older model iPhones that are still offered for sale after the release of the new model. The largest storage options are discontinued, leaving a buyer only the lowest storage sizes. You should take this into consideration when deciding which iPhone to purchase.

One thing about the older model iPhones that are still offered for sale after the release of the new model. The largest storage options are discontinued, leaving a buyer only the lowest storage sizes. You should take this into consideration when deciding which iPhone to purchase.

Thanks for that - that was not something I had taken into consideration. It looks like I might be getting the new phone sooner than I thought - will have to ring and ask how much it would cost me to terminate my contract early. There is a good offer on the iPhone 6 plus at the moment, probably in preparation for the new model coming in September.

Hello guys, I am new to this app too. So i just want to participate and say my opinion. I was iphone user and i am using note 4 right now. But my heart still go for iphone, galaxy is easier to use but the shape and style of iphone. Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks. I have taken the plunge and gone for the iPhone 6 plus - it's gone well so far. It's currently on its initial charge - nice of Apple to charge the phone enough to let you configure initial settings etc before you have to charge it. I don't ever remember anyone doing that before. I'll wait until this afternoon (UK) before I turn the phone on again. Hopefully it will have fully charged by then. I then have to put all my contacts and apps on - that's going to take a while... My first impressions are very good though. Looking forward to seeing all it can do.

Good choice, I'm sure you are going to love it.
You can have the phone turned on while its charging, It won't take long at all, Its probably almost charged by now.

Thanks for all your advice - I have imported all my contacts now. Just downloading some new apps. Thanks for the tip re the battery - I will do that on my next charge

Thanks for all your advice - I have imported all my contacts now. Just downloading some new apps. Thanks for the tip re the battery - I will do that on my next charge
You're very welcome.
If you need any more help/advice just ask.