What's new

HELP!!

vallzhang

Reaction score
One month ago I buy a used iPhone5, he log off his apple ID, and I sign in mine. But last day when I upgrade my iPhone to ios8,I find a strange apple ID, it’s neither me nor he, when I up grade my iPhone I tune off the “find my iPhone”, but why appear this? And now my iPhone5 is locked,the E-mail is "o*****@gmail.com".thank you for your read, if you can help me I will greatly appreciate.

Maybe the person you bought the phone from also bought it from someone else and it's that Apple ID that showed up on the phone when you upgraded it. In any case, without that Apple ID and password there's no way to activate the phone.

Have you asked the seller if he did, indeed, buy the phone as used from someone else? Your only chance is if the person who sold the phone to you can put you in touch with the original owner of the phone.

Maybe the person you bought the phone from also bought it from someone else and it's that Apple ID that showed up on the phone when you upgraded it. In any case, without that Apple ID and password there's no way to activate the phone.

Have you asked the seller if he did, indeed, buy the phone as used from someone else? Your only chance is if the person who sold the phone to you can put you in touch with the original owner of the phone.
Thank you, I asked him and he said he don't know,he said he bought the phone from an no name store. may be I be cheated and I should buy another one.

There's no way of knowing if he knowingly cheated you, but your phone is unusable in its present state. Assuming he won't give you a refund, you're stuck with the phone and will have to buy a new phone.

There's no way of knowing if he knowingly cheated you, but your phone is unusable in its present state. Assuming he won't give you a refund, you're stuck with the phone and will have to buy a new phone.
Can you imagine I am using the Nokia 5320XM experience? I saved money long time to buy the phone, and now will only be used to pad the table.I will not buy used iPhone, never! Anyway thank you for your help!

Is the phone still under warranty? Maybe u can bring it to apple store and ask to unlock the phone..can we do that??

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Can you imagine I am using the Nokia 5320XM experience? I saved money long time to buy the phone, and now will only be used to pad the table.I will not buy used iPhone, never! Anyway thank you for your help!
I'm sorry for your bad experience, but most sellers are honest and are only too willing to help out with any problems related to the purchase.

Apple does sell guaranteed refurbished iPhones at a discount off the new price.

For the OP and anyone else considering the purchase of a used iPhone or cellular iPad, willerz2, one of our most helpful members has started this thread on buying used iPhones. Before buying a new second hand device online Apple iPhone Forum

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your bad experience, but most sellers are honest and are only too willing to help out with any problems related to the purchase.

Apple does sell guaranteed refurbished iPhones at a discount off the new price.

For the OP and anyone else considering the purchase of a used iPhone or cellular iPad, willerz2, one of our most helpful members has started this thread on buying used iPhones. Before buying a new second hand device online Apple iPhone Forum
Thank you!

Is the phone still under warranty? Maybe u can bring it to apple store and ask to unlock the phone..can we do that??

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
It's out of warranty, and I have no invoice,Thank you

There are foreign companies that can remove the iCloud. Normally around $125 charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are foreign companies that can remove the iCloud. Normally around $125 charge.

Those companies are little more than scammers. You only get limited access to the phone and can't use it as a phone. Also, the first time you have to restore the phone it's iCloud locked again.

Those companies are little more than scammers. You only get limited access to the phone and can't use it as a phone. Also, the first time you have to restore the phone it's iCloud locked again.
I am sure that in most cases you are correct. I've not used them so I can't support the reliability of any of them. They are "foreign" for a reason I would suspect.