What's new

Help with new 7 plus - my music is gone!

steelerdude1

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether this is a window's 10 issues or or what is going on. I backed up my 6 to my itunes prior to restoring my new 7 from back up. 75% of my music is gone from both my itunes and my phone.

I still have everything on my iPad. is there a way for me to dump all of my music and play lists to either my new phone or to my PC?

I have found many things on the net on people loosing their music library's with Windows 10.

Try backing up the 6 again, this time using an encrypted backup. Then restore the 7 from the new backup.

DON'T forget the password for the encrypted backup. You will cry if you do. Trust me on that.

Couldn't do that either. Just my luck, I encrypted it at some point and don't know the password.

Ended up just pulling all of my music file back in from my hard drive. - Still not sure I have everything, but I have some music on my phone now. I will tell everyone and anyone who is willing to listen to not upgrade to windows 10 - Way more problems than its worth.

next laptop will be a macbook.

Now my next question. . . where did the settings go to sync your contacts with outlook. the new itunes is not as user friendly as it used to be.

Not so long ago, I read the info about special apps for iPhone, which can recover the lost data.. even if they were lost for different reasons.