What's new

New iTunes on iPhone 7

Macette1

Reaction score
I am really confused by my music on iPhone and hope someone can help...I have been trying to organise my music on my new iPhone 7. Most of music did not move across when restoring from a backup which I expected. I also have not subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match . But I discovered some of my music has clouds next to them. On iPad and iPhone. I have pressed the little clouds on the iPad thinking this was necessary after updating to iOS 10. Now I'm really confused have I unwittingly joined iTunes Match. I don't understand what's happened all I want was my own music in iTunes . Can someone tell me the settings I should have off so as not to join any subscriptions. Please help.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In Settings - Music, disable Show Apple Music, as well as iCloud Music Library.

To make sure you haven't subscribed to iTunes Match, go to your Apple ID on your iPhone, tap it, enter the password if necessary. Then go to Subscriptions - Manage. If you find iTunes Match there, tap it and select Cancel Subscription.

I'm not sure what happened with your music, All mine moved across and I didn't get the clouds you are seeing on my iPhone or iPad, Maybe someone will be able to answer.

In Settings - Music, disable Show Apple Music, as well as iCloud Music Library.

To make sure you haven't subscribed to iTunes Match, go to your Apple ID on your iPhone, tap it, enter the password if necessary. Then go to Subscriptions - Manage. If you find iTunes Match there, tap it and select Cancel Subscription.

Did both those things J. A. did not see any subscriptions and turned off Apple Music. Thank you, am not liking the new iTunes but will have to work with it...[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the clouds before. I have no idea why. Selected them and the song appears to be on my device now.

I have had the clouds before. I have no idea why. Selected them and the song appears to be on my device now.

The cloud symbol with an arrow through it represents a song in your iTunes library that isn't currently on one of your devices. Tapping it will download it to your device where it can be played when you're offline.